Show tickets depending on creator and not owner

Hi guys,

just started with rt 4.0.1 and it is really great, but one question:

Is there a way to show the tickets for the customers (unprivileged users) not only when they are assigned to it but also because they are the creator of a ticket? So to say I would like that a creator of a ticket can always see his/her ticket not only when he/she is assigned to his/her ticket.

Thanks in advance.

Regards,
Fabian

• CONFIDENTIAL-

This email and any files transmitted with it are confidential, and may also be legally privileged. If you are not the intended recipient, you may not review, use, copy, or distribute this message. If you receive this email in error, please notify the sender immediately by reply email and then delete this email.

Fabian,

What is the relationship of your “creator” and the ticket Owner and the
ticket Requestor?
Are they usually the same? Do the tickets get created via email or WebUI?

Kenn
LBNLOn Thu, Jun 30, 2011 at 8:34 AM, Fabian Unfried funfried@zebra.com wrote:

Hi guys,

Is there a way to show the tickets for the customers (unprivileged users)
not only when they are assigned to it but also because they are the creator
of a ticket? So to say I would like that a creator of a ticket can always
see his/her ticket not only when he/she is assigned to his/her ticket.

Thanks in advance.

Regards,
Fabian

• CONFIDENTIAL-

This email and any files transmitted with it are confidential, and may also
be legally privileged. If you are not the intended recipient, you may not
review, use, copy, or distribute this message. If you receive this email in
error, please notify the sender immediately by reply email and then delete
this email.

2011 Training: http://bestpractical.com/services/training.html

Hi Kenn,

Fabian,

What is the relationship of your “creator” and the ticket Owner and the ticket Requestor?

Creator => Requestor (sorry, I guess that made my question a bit confusing)
As far as I understood rt the owner is the user which the ticket is assigned to, or did I misunderstood something there?

Are they usually the same?

I think it’s some kind of the standard approach, so the requestor stays always the same, but the owner is changing while the ticket will be solved. But my problem is as long as the requestor isn’t the owner, the requestors can’t see their tickets in their WebUI under open tickets, but I would like that they can see their tickets also when some of the admins or staff (privileged user) is assigned to their tickets. Is this possible?

Do the tickets get created via email or WebUI?

WebUI

Regards
Fabian

Kenn
LBNL

Hi guys,

Is there a way to show the tickets for the customers (unprivileged users) not only when they are assigned to it but also because they are the creator of a ticket? So to say I would like that a creator of a ticket can always see his/her ticket not only when he/she is assigned to his/her ticket.

Thanks in advance.

Regards,
Fabian

• CONFIDENTIAL-

This email and any files transmitted with it are confidential, and may also be legally privileged. If you are not the intended recipient, you may not review, use, copy, or distribute this message. If you receive this email in error, please notify the sender immediately by reply email and then delete this email.

<ATT00001…txt>

Fabian Unfried
Senior Software Engineer
Zebra Enterprise Solutions

Rossfelder Str. 65/5, 74564 Crailsheim, Germany
T+49 7951 96360 F+49 7951 963611
funfried@zebra.com

WhereNet * proveo * Multispectral Solutions

Managing Directors Zebra Enterprise Solutions GmbH:
Phil Gerskovich, Gilles Pelzer, Michael Smiley
Registered Office: Ulm, HRB 721672
VAT Number: DE225496806

Fabian,

The Creator of a ticket is in most cases the requestor unless they decided to change that by entering a different email address in the requestor field when a ticket is first created. I think the scenario you describing below will most likely be the creator == requestor.

Customers should not be owners of a ticket (in all ticketing processes that I am aware of anyway), ownership should be assigned to those that can fix issue/supply information.

If your customers are unprivileged users, then by default the web ui will present them with the Selfservice portal which by default list all their tickets that they have requested. Try to login as one of those unprivileged users to see the different interface you get.

Hope that helps,

Regards;
Roy

Visit our website today www.daisygroupplc.com

Registered Office: Daisy House, Lindred Road Business Park, Nelson, Lancashire BB9 5SR
Company Registration Number: 4145329 | VAT Number: 722471355
Daisy Communications Limited is a company registered in England and Wales.
DISCLAIMER

This email (including any attachments) is strictly confidential and may also be legally privileged. If the recipient has received this email in error please notify the sender and do not read, print, re-transmit, store or act in reliance on the email or its attachments and immediately delete this email and its attachments from the recipient’s system. Daisy Communications Limited cannot accept liability for any breaches of confidence arising through use of email. Employees of Daisy Communications Limited are expressly required not to make any defamatory statements and not to infringe or authorise any infringement of copyright or any other legal right by email communications. Any such communication is contrary to the company’s policy and outside the scope of the employment of the individual concerned. Daisy Communications Limited will not accept any liability in respect of such a communication, and the employee responsible will be personally liable for any damages or other liability arising.

If you are the intended recipient of this email please ensure that neither the email nor any attachments are copied to third parties outside your organisation or saved without the written permission of the sender. In the event of any unauthorised copying or forwarding, the recipient will be required to indemnify Daisy Communications Limited against any claim for loss or damage caused by any viruses or otherwise.

WARNING: Computer viruses can be transmitted by email. The recipient should check this email and any attachments for the presence of viruses. Daisy Communications Limited accepts no liability for any damage caused by any virus transmitted by this email or any attachments.
NOTICE TO CUSTOMERS
If you have ordered a telephone number from Daisy Communications Limited (non-geographic or new line installation) please do NOT arrange for any form of advertising until the number is live and tested.-----Original Message-----

From: rt-users-bounces@lists.bestpractical.com [mailto:rt-users-
bounces@lists.bestpractical.com] On Behalf Of Fabian Unfried
Sent: 30 June 2011 16:34
To: rt-users@lists.bestpractical.com
Subject: [rt-users] Show tickets depending on creator and not owner

Hi guys,

not only when they are assigned to it but also because they are the
creator of a ticket? So to say I would like that a creator of a ticket can
always see his/her ticket not only when he/she is assigned to his/her
ticket.

Thanks in advance.

Regards,
Fabian

• CONFIDENTIAL-

This email and any files transmitted with it are confidential, and may
also be legally privileged. If you are not the intended recipient, you
may not review, use, copy, or distribute this message. If you receive this
email in error, please notify the sender immediately by reply email and
then delete this email.

Hi Roy,

Fabian,

The Creator of a ticket is in most cases the requestor unless they decided to change that by entering a different email address in the requestor field when a ticket is first created. I think the scenario you describing below will most likely be the creator == requestor.

Yes, that’s the way I’m using rt (have a look at my mail from 10:55 today :slight_smile: )

Customers should not be owners of a ticket (in all ticketing processes that I am aware of anyway), ownership should be assigned to those that can fix issue/supply information.

Yes, I agree, but e. g. a customer didn’t told you everything you would like to know to solve an issue, you would need more information from that customer (so a customer is someone who can supply information), so in my opinion I would re-assign it to the customer/requestor, or is there another way in rt? And btw, if I don’t assign a ticket to the requestor he can’t see the ticket in the WebUI and that’s why I’m writing to the list, so the question is, if you never assign a ticket to a customer/requestor, how will they ever know when an issue/ticket is solved?

If your customers are unprivileged users, then by default the web ui will present them with the Selfservice portal which by default list all their tickets that they have requested. Try to login as one of those unprivileged users to see the different interface you get.

Hmm, ok that’s strange, if I’m logging in as an unprivileged user, I can’t see the tickets I created with that user, only if I log in as an admin and assign it the that user. That’s why I’m asking my questions here :s

Is there anything I could have changed in the configuration, or do I have to set any special rights to the requestors or unprivileged users that they can see their created tickets and not only when they are assigned to them?

Hope that helps,

Regards;
Roy

Regards,
Fabian

Visit our website today www.daisygroupplc.com

Registered Office: Daisy House, Lindred Road Business Park, Nelson, Lancashire BB9 5SR
Company Registration Number: 4145329 | VAT Number: 722471355
Daisy Communications Limited is a company registered in England and Wales.
DISCLAIMER

This email (including any attachments) is strictly confidential and may also be legally privileged. If the recipient has received this email in error please notify the sender and do not read, print, re-transmit, store or act in reliance on the email or its attachments and immediately delete this email and its attachments from the recipient’s system. Daisy Communications Limited cannot accept liability for any breaches of confidence arising through use of email. Employees of Daisy Communications Limited are expressly required not to make any defamatory statements and not to infringe or authorise any infringement of copyright or any other legal right by email communications. Any such communication is contrary to the company’s policy and outside the scope of the employment of the individual concerned. Daisy Communications Limited will not accept any liability in respect of such a communication, and the employee responsible will be personally liable for any damages or other liability arising.

If you are the intended recipient of this email please ensure that neither the email nor any attachments are copied to third parties outside your organisation or saved without the written permission of the sender. In the event of any unauthorised copying or forwarding, the recipient will be required to indemnify Daisy Communications Limited against any claim for loss or damage caused by any viruses or otherwise.

WARNING: Computer viruses can be transmitted by email. The recipient should check this email and any attachments for the presence of viruses. Daisy Communications Limited accepts no liability for any damage caused by any virus transmitted by this email or any attachments.
NOTICE TO CUSTOMERS
If you have ordered a telephone number from Daisy Communications Limited (non-geographic or new line installation) please do NOT arrange for any form of advertising until the number is live and tested.

-----Original Message-----

From: rt-users-bounces@lists.bestpractical.com [mailto:rt-users-
bounces@lists.bestpractical.com] On Behalf Of Fabian Unfried
Sent: 30 June 2011 16:34
To: rt-users@lists.bestpractical.com
Subject: [rt-users] Show tickets depending on creator and not owner

Hi guys,

not only when they are assigned to it but also because they are the
creator of a ticket? So to say I would like that a creator of a ticket can
always see his/her ticket not only when he/she is assigned to his/her
ticket.

Thanks in advance.

Regards,
Fabian

• CONFIDENTIAL-

also be legally privileged. If you are not the intended recipient, you
may not review, use, copy, or distribute this message. If you receive this
email in error, please notify the sender immediately by reply email and
then delete this email.

Fabian Unfried
Senior Software Engineer

funfried@zebra.com

I think it’s some kind of the standard approach, so the requestor stays
always the same, but the owner is changing while the ticket will be
solved. But my problem is as long as the requestor isn’t the owner, the
requestors can’t see their tickets in their WebUI under open tickets,
but I would like that they can see their tickets also when some of the
admins or staff (privileged user) is assigned to their tickets. Is this
possible?

Of course it’s possible. Grant the appropriate rights to the Requestor
role either at the queue level or globally.

Thomas

Hmm, ok, maybe I forgot to mention it’s important that they can just see their own tickets and of course in the overview in the WebUI, could you tell me which rights are necessary for that?

Currently my rt (demo-)system setup is:

Global group rights:

Everyone => no rights
Privileged => all rights
Unprivileged => CommentOnTicket, CreateTicket, ReplyToTicket, ShowArticle
AdminCc => no rights
Cc => no rights
Owner => ReplyToTickets, SeeCustomField, ShowTicket
Requestor => no rights

User-defined group rights (all of my groups have the same rights setup):

Everyone => SeeGroup, SeeGroupDashboard, ShowSavedSearches
Privileged => all rights
Unprivileged => SeeGroup, SeeGroupDashboard, ShowSavedSearches

Queue group rights:

Everyone => CommentOnTicket, CreateTicket, ReplyToTicket, SeeCustomField
Privileged => all rights
Unprivileged => CommentOnTicket, CreateTicket, ReplyToTicket, SeeCustomField
AdminCc => no rights
Cc => no rights
Owner => CommentOnTicket, CreateTicket, ReplyToTicket, SeeCustomField
Requestor => CommentOnTicket, CreateTicket, ReplyToTicket, SeeCustomField

Is there anything wrong with this setup, any idea why my customers / unprivileged users can’t see their own tickets as long as the tickets aren’t assigned to them? They can’t even access the tickets when they aren’t assigned to/owner of them, rt won’t let them because of missing rights.

Regards,
FabianOn 07/01/2011 04:54 AM, Fabian Unfried wrote:
always the same, but the owner is changing while the ticket will be
solved. But my problem is as long as the requestor isn’t the owner, the
requestors can’t see their tickets in their WebUI under open tickets,
but I would like that they can see their tickets also when some of the
admins or staff (privileged user) is assigned to their tickets. Is this
possible?

Of course it’s possible. Grant the appropriate rights to the Requestor
role either at the queue level or globally.

Thomas

Fabian Unfried
Senior Software Engineer

funfried@zebra.commailto:funfried@zebra.com
Zebra Technologies | Visible. Connected. Optimized.http://www.zebra.com/zes

• CONFIDENTIAL-

Is there anything wrong with this setup, any idea why my customers /
unprivileged users can’t see their own tickets as long as the tickets
aren’t assigned to them? They can’t even access the tickets when they
aren’t assigned to/owner of them, rt won’t let them because of missing
rights.

You only gave ShowTicket to Owners (globally). If you want Requestors
to be able to see their tickets, you need to grant them ShowTicket too.

Thomas

Thanks for the quick reply, but that didn’t help, still the same the customers (unprivileged users and creator/requestor of the tickets) can’t see their tickets only if they are assigned to it :SAm 01.07.2011 um 15:36 schrieb Thomas Sibley:

On 07/01/2011 09:33 AM, Fabian Unfried wrote:
Is there anything wrong with this setup, any idea why my customers /
unprivileged users can’t see their own tickets as long as the tickets
aren’t assigned to them? They can’t even access the tickets when they
aren’t assigned to/owner of them, rt won’t let them because of missing
rights.

You only gave ShowTicket to Owners (globally). If you want Requestors
to be able to see their tickets, you need to grant them ShowTicket too.

Thomas

Fabian Unfried
Senior Software Engineer

• CONFIDENTIAL-

Thanks for the quick reply, but that didn’t help, still the same the
customers (unprivileged users and creator/requestor of the tickets)
can’t see their tickets only if they are assigned to it :S

This is entirely a rights configuration issue. If what I suggested
didn’t help, then you have another nonsensical rights problem.

Thomas

Hmm, ok, any idea where the problem could be, or which right(s) my problem could cause, or at least where I could get more information about that or anything else?

I’ve tried a lot, but nothing did solve my problem, I even gave all general rights to all requestors I’ve found (queues, global, …) and still I can’t see my created tickets logged in as an unprivileged user, except the tickets are assigned to that user :SAm 01.07.2011 um 16:11 schrieb Thomas Sibley:

On 07/01/2011 09:57 AM, Fabian Unfried wrote:
Thanks for the quick reply, but that didn’t help, still the same the
customers (unprivileged users and creator/requestor of the tickets)
can’t see their tickets only if they are assigned to it :S

This is entirely a rights configuration issue. If what I suggested
didn’t help, then you have another nonsensical rights problem.

Thomas

Fabian Unfried
Senior Software Engineer

• CONFIDENTIAL-

Hmm, ok that’s strange, if I’m logging in as an unprivileged user, I can’t see the tickets I
created with that user, only if I log in as an admin and assign it the that user. That’s why
I’m asking my questions here :s
Is there anything I could have changed in the configuration, or do I have to set any special
rights to the requestors or unprivileged users that they can see their created tickets and not
only when they are assigned to them?

Hope that helps,

Make sure Requestors have ShowTicket, and make sure your Unprivileged
user is a requestor.

Don’t make the unprivileged user the owner

-kevin

Ok, now I’m confused, I thought every user that haven’t set the privileged flag is automatically an unprivileged user and a requestor is someone who creates a ticket and the owner is the user the ticket is assigned to, or isn’t this correct?

If it is like I described it, I’m fine with my setup.

I’ve created a ticket with an unprivileged user called “someone” after that, I was able to see the overview of the ticket, but it doesn’t appear in the overview of the opened tickets and if I tried to directly go to that ticket with its ticket id, a “no permission” message appears in rt besides I give globally unprivileged users ShowTicket, but then they can see also tickets from other unprivileged user which I do not want (but they still wont be shown in the open ticket overview).Am 01.07.2011 um 16:56 schrieb Kevin Falcone:

On Fri, Jul 01, 2011 at 02:41:22PM +0200, Fabian Unfried wrote:
Hmm, ok that’s strange, if I’m logging in as an unprivileged user, I can’t see the tickets I
created with that user, only if I log in as an admin and assign it the that user. That’s why
I’m asking my questions here :s
Is there anything I could have changed in the configuration, or do I have to set any special
rights to the requestors or unprivileged users that they can see their created tickets and not
only when they are assigned to them?

Hope that helps,

Make sure Requestors have ShowTicket, and make sure your Unprivileged
user is a requestor.

Don’t make the unprivileged user the owner

-kevin
<ATT00002…txt>

Fabian Unfried
Senior Software Engineer

• CONFIDENTIAL-

Fabian,

First of all, the “Creator” does NOT have to be the Requestor. When creating
a new ticket via WebUI, just override the UserID/Email Address to represent
the person who wants the work to be done. RT will STILL maintain the
creators UserID.

Second, all you have to do is grant “SeeQueue” and “ShowTicket” to the
“Requestor” role at whatever level you need this (Queue or Global). You
might want to add “ReplyToTicket” as well if you want them to be able to add
continuing thoughts (by sending an email to the same Queue address with the
ticket number referenced in the subject line) at any time while the ticket
is open.

I just gave some basic concepts about rights in this list just awhile ago.

Hope this helps.

Kenn
LBNLOn Fri, Jul 1, 2011 at 1:49 AM, Fabian Unfried funfried@zebra.com wrote:

Hi Kenn,

Fabian,

What is the relationship of your “creator” and the ticket Owner and the
ticket Requestor?

As far as I understood rt the owner is the user which the ticket is
assigned to, or did I misunderstood something there?

always the same, but the owner is changing while the ticket will be solved.
But my problem is as long as the requestor isn’t the owner, the requestors
can’t see their tickets in their WebUI under open tickets, but I would like
that they can see their tickets also when some of the admins or staff
(privileged user) is assigned to their tickets. Is this possible?

WebUI

Regards
Fabian

Kenn
LBNL

On Thu, Jun 30, 2011 at 8:34 AM, Fabian Unfried funfried@zebra.comwrote:

Hi guys,

not only when they are assigned to it but also because they are the creator
of a ticket? So to say I would like that a creator of a ticket can always
see his/her ticket not only when he/she is assigned to his/her ticket.

Thanks in advance.

Regards,
Fabian

• CONFIDENTIAL-

also be legally privileged. If you are not the intended recipient, you may
not review, use, copy, or distribute this message. If you receive this email
in error, please notify the sender immediately by reply email and then
delete this email.

<ATT00001…txt>

Fabian Unfried
Senior Software Engineer

funfried@zebra.com
Zebra Technologies | Visible. Connected. Optimized. | Zebra

Hi Kenn,

that helped a lot, THANKS! My problem was that I thought the creator is automatically the requestor, I’ve got everything working as long as I manually add the creator of a ticket as one of the requestors, but how could I automatically do that?
Could someone tell me how a script would look like, that automatically adds the creator of a ticket as the requestor when the ticket is created?

Regards,
FabianAm 01.07.2011 um 18:41 schrieb Kenneth Crocker:

Fabian,

First of all, the “Creator” does NOT have to be the Requestor. When creating a new ticket via WebUI, just override the UserID/Email Address to represent the person who wants the work to be done. RT will STILL maintain the creators UserID.

Second, all you have to do is grant “SeeQueue” and “ShowTicket” to the “Requestor” role at whatever level you need this (Queue or Global). You might want to add “ReplyToTicket” as well if you want them to be able to add continuing thoughts (by sending an email to the same Queue address with the ticket number referenced in the subject line) at any time while the ticket is open.

Hope this helps.

Kenn
LBNL

On Fri, Jul 1, 2011 at 1:49 AM, Fabian Unfried funfried@zebra.com wrote:
Hi Kenn,

Fabian,

What is the relationship of your “creator” and the ticket Owner and the ticket Requestor?

As far as I understood rt the owner is the user which the ticket is assigned to, or did I misunderstood something there?

I think it’s some kind of the standard approach, so the requestor stays always the same, but the owner is changing while the ticket will be solved. But my problem is as long as the requestor isn’t the owner, the requestors can’t see their tickets in their WebUI under open tickets, but I would like that they can see their tickets also when some of the admins or staff (privileged user) is assigned to their tickets. Is this possible?

WebUI

Regards
Fabian

Kenn
LBNL

On Thu, Jun 30, 2011 at 8:34 AM, Fabian Unfried funfried@zebra.com wrote:
Hi guys,

Thanks in advance.

Regards,
Fabian

• CONFIDENTIAL-

<ATT00001…txt>

Fabian Unfried
Senior Software Engineer

funfried@zebra.com

<ATT00001…txt>

Fabian Unfried
Senior Software Engineer

funfried@zebra.com

I was able to do the script by my own, thanks to the rt wiki, if someone is interested in the script, here it is:

my $scrip = ‘Script:AutoAddCreatorAsRequestor’;

Get Current Ticket

my $Ticket = $self->TicketObj;

Get Current Ticket ID

my $Id = $Ticket->id;

Get E-Mail-Address of creator

my $EmailAddr = $self->TransactionObj->CreatorObj->EmailAddress;

Get user object of creator

my $User = RT::User->new($RT::SystemUser);
$User->LoadByEmail($EmailAddr);

Type of watch

my $type = ‘Requestor’;

Principal of user

my $Principal = $User->PrincipalId;

Add the creator as a watcher of type $type (requestor)

my ($ret, $msg) = $Ticket->AddWatcher(Type => $type, Email => $EmailAddr, PrincipalId => $Principal,);

Check if adding was successful

if ($ret) {
$RT::Logger->info(“$scrip: New $type watcher added to ticket #$Id: $EmailAddr (#$Principal)”);
} else {
$RT::Logger->error(“$scrip: Failed to add new $type watcher to ticket #$Id: $EmailAddr (#$Principal) - $msg”);
}

return 1;

It is really similar to this one, but much easier: http://requesttracker.wikia.com/wiki/AddWatchersOnCorrespond
If someone can see some critical code in it, please let me know! Thanks in advance.

And finally, rt is really great, now it does everything I need, nice job guys!

Regards,
FabianAm 04.07.2011 um 10:55 schrieb Fabian Unfried:

Hi Kenn,

that helped a lot, THANKS! My problem was that I thought the creator is automatically the requestor, I’ve got everything working as long as I manually add the creator of a ticket as one of the requestors, but how could I automatically do that?
Could someone tell me how a script would look like, that automatically adds the creator of a ticket as the requestor when the ticket is created?

Regards,
Fabian

Am 01.07.2011 um 18:41 schrieb Kenneth Crocker:

Fabian,

First of all, the “Creator” does NOT have to be the Requestor. When creating a new ticket via WebUI, just override the UserID/Email Address to represent the person who wants the work to be done. RT will STILL maintain the creators UserID.

Second, all you have to do is grant “SeeQueue” and “ShowTicket” to the “Requestor” role at whatever level you need this (Queue or Global). You might want to add “ReplyToTicket” as well if you want them to be able to add continuing thoughts (by sending an email to the same Queue address with the ticket number referenced in the subject line) at any time while the ticket is open.

Hope this helps.

Kenn
LBNL

On Fri, Jul 1, 2011 at 1:49 AM, Fabian Unfried funfried@zebra.com wrote:
Hi Kenn,

Fabian,

WebUI

Regards
Fabian

Kenn
LBNL

On Thu, Jun 30, 2011 at 8:34 AM, Fabian Unfried funfried@zebra.com wrote:
Hi guys,

Thanks in advance.

Regards,
Fabian

• CONFIDENTIAL-

<ATT00001…txt>

Fabian Unfried
Senior Software Engineer

funfried@zebra.com

<ATT00001…txt>

Fabian Unfried
Senior Software Engineer

funfried@zebra.com

<ATT00001…txt>

Fabian Unfried
Senior Software Engineer

funfried@zebra.com

Hi Fabian,

you could simplify you script as you don’t need the principal stuff
here. The scrip would then look like this:

Get Current Ticket

Get Current Ticket ID

my $Id = $Ticket->id;

Type of watch

my $type = ‘Requestor’;

my ($ret, $msg) = $Ticket->AddWatcher(Type => $type, Email => $EmailAddr);

if ($ret) {
$RT::Logger->info(“$scrip: New $type watcher added to ticket #$Id:
$EmailAddr”);
} else {
$RT::Logger->error(“$scrip: Failed to add new $type watcher to ticket
#$Id: $EmailAddr - $msg”);
}

return 1;

But I don’t understand why you need this scrip.
How do you create your tickets? Email, WebUI, REST?

If you create your ticket by email RT will automatic load the creator
(From email address) as the requestor.
If you create you ticket by WebUI, RT put the email address of the
currently logged in user in the requestor field.

-ChrisAm 04.07.2011 12:02, schrieb Fabian Unfried:

Get Current Ticket

Get Current Ticket ID

my $Id = $Ticket->id;

Type of watch

my $type = ‘Requestor’;

Principal of user

my ($ret, $msg) = $Ticket->AddWatcher(Type => $type, Email =>
$EmailAddr, PrincipalId => $Principal,);

if ($ret) {
$EmailAddr (#$Principal)”);
} else {
#$Id: $EmailAddr (#$Principal) - $msg”);
}

return 1;

Hi Chris,

first of all thanks for improving my script.

I create my tickets vie the WebUI, but RT doesn’t add the logged in user as a requestor in my RT instance. Do I have to configure this somehow, or should this be the default? As I already mentioned some mails before (at least I think so): I’m using RT 4.0.1. Any ideas?

Regards,
Fabian

Hi Fabian,

you could simplify you script as you don’t need the principal stuff
here. The scrip would then look like this:

Get Current Ticket

Get Current Ticket ID

my $Id = $Ticket->id;

Type of watch

my $type = ‘Requestor’;

my ($ret, $msg) = $Ticket->AddWatcher(Type => $type, Email => $EmailAddr);

if ($ret) {
$EmailAddr”);
} else {
#$Id: $EmailAddr - $msg”);
}

return 1;

But I don’t understand why you need this scrip.
How do you create your tickets? Email, WebUI, REST?

If you create your ticket by email RT will automatic load the creator
(From email address) as the requestor.
If you create you ticket by WebUI, RT put the email address of the
currently logged in user in the requestor field.

-ChrisAm 04.07.2011 12:02, schrieb Fabian Unfried:

Get Current Ticket

Get Current Ticket ID

my $Id = $Ticket->id;

Type of watch

my $type = ‘Requestor’;

Principal of user

my ($ret, $msg) = $Ticket->AddWatcher(Type => $type, Email =>
$EmailAddr, PrincipalId => $Principal,);

if ($ret) {
$EmailAddr (#$Principal)”);
} else {
#$Id: $EmailAddr (#$Principal) - $msg”);
}

return 1;

Fabian Unfried
Senior Software Engineer

• CONFIDENTIAL-

Hi Fabian,

I don’t have a RT 4.0.1 installation by the hand but I checked the code
at github and this should work.

For the ticket create form it is in
share/html/Ticket/Create.html line 119

and for ticket quick create form it is in:
share/html/Elements/QuickCreate line 71

Has the current logged in user an email address set?
Do you have any customizations that overwrites one of the files above?

-ChrisAm 06.07.2011 09:55, schrieb Fabian Unfried:

Hi Chris,

I create my tickets vie the WebUI, but RT doesn’t add the logged in user
as a requestor in my RT instance. Do I have to configure this somehow,
or should this be the default? As I already mentioned some mails before
(at least I think so): I’m using RT 4.0.1. Any ideas?

Regards,
Fabian

I did not customize the code of rt at all, but the hint with the eMail address is not too bad, because in my first test setup none of my users had an eMail address, so that was exactly my problem, thanks a lot!!!

So you’re right the script I posted is useless.

Regards,
FabianAm 06.07.2011 um 11:17 schrieb Christian Loos:

Hi Fabian,

I don’t have a RT 4.0.1 installation by the hand but I checked the code
at github and this should work.

For the ticket create form it is in
share/html/Ticket/Create.html line 119

and for ticket quick create form it is in:
share/html/Elements/QuickCreate line 71

Has the current logged in user an email address set?
Do you have any customizations that overwrites one of the files above?

-Chris

Am 06.07.2011 09:55, schrieb Fabian Unfried:
Hi Chris,

I create my tickets vie the WebUI, but RT doesn’t add the logged in user
as a requestor in my RT instance. Do I have to configure this somehow,
or should this be the default? As I already mentioned some mails before
(at least I think so): I’m using RT 4.0.1. Any ideas?

Regards,
Fabian

Fabian Unfried
Senior Software Engineer

• CONFIDENTIAL-