RT mailing from www-data

Trying to get RT to send email as anything other than www-data@hitachi-infocon.com.

"19 12:15:24 reqtrack postfix/qmgr[46533]: 99B0F400D67: from=www-data@hitachi-infocon.com
Where is this parameter set?

Hi Mark

Try $CorrespondAddress, $CommentAddress in RT_SiteConfig.pm these can be overridden by queue specific mail addresses. From RT’s documentation: $CorrespondAddress and $CommentAddress are the default addresses that will be listed in From: and Reply-To: headers of correspondence and comment mail tracked by RT, unless overridden by a queue-specific address. They should be set to email addresses which have been configured as aliases for rt-mailgate.

regards
Garry

HI Gary,
thanks for the reply, I got syntax problems when I restarted apache2, is this the right format?
Set($CorrespondAddress, rt@hitachi-infocon.com);
Set($CommentAddress, rt_comment@hitachi-infocon.com);

Thanks
M

Also, I just realised I should have been more specific too, the header in the email is what I need to change.
The return-path on the envelope is what is the issue, my headers look like this:
“Return-Path: www-data@rt.trerail.co.uk
Received: from mail.trerail.co.uk…”

What I want to do is get RT to write the envelope header as another user, or just “rt” insteadt of apache2’s “www-data”.

I might be able to do this in postfix. But wanted to ask if this was an RT configuration.

Hi Mark

Think you just need the addresses in speech marks

Set($CorrespondAddress, 'rt@hitachi-infocon.com’);

regards
Garry

HI Mark

You could have a look at $OverrideOutgoingMailFrom

https://docs.bestpractical.com/rt/4.4.3/RT_Config.html#Outgoing-mail

regards
Garry

Hi Gary,
Will do. thanks for the really quick reply. I appreciate it very much.
M