RT-extension-RepeatTicket Problem

During installation the command make initdb leads to following error message:

Now inserting data
Couldn’t finish ‘insert’ step.

ERROR: Couldn’t load data from ‘etc/initialdaza’:
ERROR:Can’t locate etc/initialdata in @INC (@INC contains: …) at /usr/share/request-tracker4/lib/RT/Handle.pm line 917.

Trying the following command (compare link):

rt-setup-database --action insert /usr/share/request-tracker4/etc/initialdata

does not solve my problem:

[warning]: Use of uninitialized value $args{“datadir”} in concatenation (.) or string at /usr/sbin/rt-setup-database line 369.
[warning]: Unable to open /content: No such file or directory at /usr/sbin/rt-setup-database line 381.
[warning]: readline() on closed filehandle $handle at /usr/sbin/rt-setup-database line 382
[critical]: Cannot open initialdata file ‘/content’ for read: at /usr/share/request-tracker4/lib/RT/Handle.pm line 867.
Cannot open initialdata file ‘/content’ for read: at /usr/share/request-tracker4/lib/RT/Handle.pm line 867.

Anny ideas what’s wrong?

I successfully installed RT-Extension-PriorityAsString in RT 4.4.3 on Debian Buster (kernel 4.19).

If you want to manually point to a file you need the --datafile flag:

rt-setup-database --action insert --datafile /usr/share/request-tracker4/etc/initialdata

Still not working when using the flag --datafile:

rt-setup-database --action insert --datafile /usr/share/request-tracker4/etc/initialdata

Another strange thing is the ownership of the package. When extracting the tar-file I see the ownership 501:staff.
(However, UID 501 is obviously not defined in Debian).
Is there anything else missing?

One thing to mention, are you pointing —data file to the extensions initial data file? In the examples above it looks like we are using RT 4 s initial data

I was searching for a folder initialdata and only found the above mentioned.

Do I need to create my own initialdata? How would I do this?

There should be one in the extension you un-packed:

rt-extension-repeatticket/etc/initialdata

Ok, I found it - the following command fixed my problem:

rt-setup-database --action insert --datafile /usr/share/request-tracker4/plugins/RT-Extension-RepeatTicket-1.11/etc/initialdata

RT-Extension-RepeatTicket is now running fine - thanks a lot.

There is still the problem with the strange ownership 501:staff. Any suggestions here?

I assume that is just the user who grabbed the extension from the web

501 is the UID of the person who built the tar file,
I’m assuming you’re unpacking with ‘tar -xpof RTTARBALL…tar’ or something similar. Some distros start counting users at 500, some start at 1000.

I used

tar -xpof RT-Extension-RepeatTicket-1.11.tar.gz

which is extracting with ownership root:root.

Extension-RepeatTicket seems to work.
It looks like that within the first few minutes (after installation) creating new tickets as well as just changing to another (already existing) ticket takes quite some time (compared to previous setup).
Maybe this is related to the fact that I cleared the cache with

rm -rf /var/cache/request-tracker4/mason_data/obj/*

However, after some time this problem is gone.
Thanks a lot for all your help.

These type of errors are due to the new perl versions which ignore the current directory in path. Can be tweaked by

export PERL5LIB=.:$PERL5LIB

before running any setup. Older setups in plugins not updated for some time are not aware of that.