RTIR 4 make initdb fails

Hi,
i have installed RT 4.4.1 on a Fedora 22 box and it is working fine. When I try to install RTIR 4 the make initdb fails with the following error:

Couldn’t finish ‘insert’ step.

ERROR: Couldn’t load data from ‘etc/initialdata’ for import:

ERROR:Can’t locate etc/initialdata in @INC (@INC contains: /opt/rt4/sbin/…/local/lib /opt/rt4/sbin/…/lib lib /opt/rt4/local/lib /opt/rt4/lib /usr/local/lib/perl5/site_perl/5.26.0/x86_64-linux /usr/local/lib/perl5/site_perl/5.26.0 /usr/local/lib/perl5/5.26.0/x86_64-linux /usr/local/lib/perl5/5.26.0) at /opt/rt4/sbin/…/lib/RT/Handle.pm line 863, <$handle> line 1.

…returned with error: 65280
Makefile:994: recipe for target ‘initdb’ failed
make: *** [initdb] Error 2

Any help would be apreciated !!

Regards,
Terje

Same problem here… I have e new installation of RT4.4.2 under debian, then installed RT-IR-4.0.0 and the error you mention appears… tried RT-IR-4.0.1rc1 too

here is the output of make intidb:

Couldn't finish 'insert' step.

ERROR: Couldn't load data from 'etc/initialdata':
ERROR:Can't locate etc/initialdata in @INC (@INC contains: /opt/rt4/sbin/../local/lib /opt/rt4/local/plugins/RT-IR/lib /opt/rt4/sbin/../lib lib /opt/rt4/local/lib /opt/rt4/lib /etc/perl /usr/local/lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/perl/5.24.1 /usr/local/share/perl/5.24.1 /usr/lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/perl5/5.24 /usr/share/perl5 /usr/lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/perl/5.24 /usr/share/perl/5.24 /usr/local/lib/site_perl /usr/lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/perl-base) at /opt/rt4/sbin/../lib/RT/Handle.pm line 917.

Do you have the correct initialdata handler in RT_Config for this type of file?

...returned with error: 65280
Makefile:1018: recipe for target 'initdb' failed
make: *** [initdb] Error 2

I resolved this issue manually (see Initialdata - RT 4.4.2 Documentation - Best Practical) just doing:

/opt/rt4/sbin/rt-setup-database --action insert --datafile /path/to/your/initialdata

specify the FULL path to the initialdata file, or won’t work.

it may help someone else… (i’m new to RT)

These type of errors occur due to the new perl versions which ignore the current directory in path. Can be tweaked by

export PERL5LIB=.:$PERL5LIB

before running any setup. Older setups in plugins not updated for some time or older RT code are not aware of that.

1 Like