RT 5.0.0 [error]: Can't locate object method "child" via package "Menu"

Greetings RT Users
I am new to RT and have recently upgraded a 4.4.4 system left behind by my predecessor to 5.0.0 with minimal issues.

I am attempting to view an asset using the SelfService portal with an unprivileged user. I have changed “view asset”, “view catalogue”, and “view custom field values” into just about every possible combination through groups and roles.

Below is the error I get with every attempt:

[7541] [Tue Sep 29 17:48:21 2020] [error]: Can’t locate object method “child” via package “Menu” (perhaps you forgot to load “Menu”?) at /opt/rt5/sbin/…/lib/RT/Interface/Web/MenuBuilder.pm line 1642.

Stack:
[/opt/rt5/sbin/…/lib/RT/Interface/Web/MenuBuilder.pm:1642]
[/opt/rt5/share/html/Elements/Tabs:63]
[/opt/rt5/share/html/SelfService/Elements/Header:49]
[/opt/rt5/share/html/SelfService/Asset/Display.html:48]
[/opt/rt5/sbin/…/lib/RT/Interface/Web.pm:707]
[/opt/rt5/sbin/…/lib/RT/Interface/Web.pm:389]
[/opt/rt5/share/html/autohandler:53] (/opt/rt5/sbin/…/lib/RT/Interface/Web/Handler.pm:209)

If I elevate the user to privileged, they are able to see the asset as expected but they are also able to see users and groups outside their own and this is not acceptable.

I am hoping that someone here has either run into this issue or has an idea of what I might need to do.

I am fine with the elevated permissions and interface, if I can disable the user/group view/search abilities.