WebPath in search results cached somewhere

I’m migrating our RT to a dedicated system. On the old system, the
path to RT was http://server/rt/, and so the WebPath variable was set
to “/rt”. On the new server, I am going to name the DNS rt.local so I
don’t want the extra /rt in the URL.

I’ve got it working fine by dumping the DB from the old system and
loading it on the new, right now the new DB is a slave to the old DB
while I get the new server set up. The only thing that appears to not
work correctly is the search results - when you click on a queue in
the “quick search” or perform a search, it is still treating the
WebPath as if it is “/rt” -

Running RT 3.8.2 on both boxes.

RT_SiteConfig will have the configuration option you want to change.

Regards

AaronOn Sat, Nov 7, 2009 at 9:39 AM, Jon Baker jbaker@wgm.us wrote:

I’m migrating our RT to a dedicated system. On the old system, the path to
RT was http://server/rt/, and so the WebPath variable was set to “/rt”.
On the new server, I am going to name the DNS rt.local so I don’t want the
extra /rt in the URL.

I’ve got it working fine by dumping the DB from the old system and loading
it on the new, right now the new DB is a slave to the old DB while I get the
new server set up. The only thing that appears to not work correctly is the
search results - when you click on a queue in the “quick search” or perform
a search, it is still treating the WebPath as if it is “/rt” -

Running RT 3.8.2 on both boxes.


http://lists.bestpractical.com/cgi-bin/mailman/listinfo/rt-users

Community help: http://wiki.bestpractical.com
Commercial support: sales@bestpractical.com

Discover RT’s hidden secrets with RT Essentials from O’Reilly Media.
Buy a copy at http://rtbook.bestpractical.com

Regards,

Aaron

I found it, it was actually is the saved search - it was somehow using
rt/ instead of WebPath_ in old searches. I was able to identify the
searches in question by looking up in the Attributes table for
"SavedSearch" and “Pref-SearchDisplay” and sorting by “LastUpdated”,
and identifying about the time where WebPath was stored in the
"Advanced" tab of the search, and then going into each user’s account
who had an entry prior to that date and re-creating the columns in the
search.

The only one that threw me for a loop was the “id” column, because I
couldn’t get it to delete. I did finally get it to delete by adding a
new one first.On Nov 9, 2009, at 3:57 AM, Aaron Guise wrote:

RT_SiteConfig will have the configuration option you want to change.


Regards

Aaron

On Sat, Nov 7, 2009 at 9:39 AM, Jon Baker jbaker@wgm.us wrote:
I’m migrating our RT to a dedicated system. On the old system, the
path to RT was http://server/rt/, and so the WebPath variable was
set to “/rt”. On the new server, I am going to name the DNS
rt.local so I don’t want the extra /rt in the URL.

I’ve got it working fine by dumping the DB from the old system and
loading it on the new, right now the new DB is a slave to the old DB
while I get the new server set up. The only thing that appears to
not work correctly is the search results - when you click on a queue
in the “quick search” or perform a search, it is still treating the
WebPath as if it is “/rt” -

Running RT 3.8.2 on both boxes.


http://lists.bestpractical.com/cgi-bin/mailman/listinfo/rt-users

Community help: http://wiki.bestpractical.com
Commercial support: sales@bestpractical.com

Discover RT’s hidden secrets with RT Essentials from O’Reilly Media.
Buy a copy at http://rtbook.bestpractical.com


Regards,

Aaron

Jon Baker
Systems Administrator
Church on the Move
1003 N 129th E Ave
Tulsa OK 74116
(918) 234-5656