We work with RT since 2004, and we love it. We have some ideas to imrove it. Our first thing we publish now is called PluginManager. It’s an extension with a functionality to install further extensons via GUI. Using Plugin manager you don’t need to install via cli anymore. You don’t even need to use ssh.
Although it’s in early stage now (v0.2.1), we think it’s ready to show it to you:
Current features (partially tested):
- installs some of our small plugins
- scheduled plugin activation and deactivation with Apache restart
- scans and displays plugins installed manually
- it works on Debian based systems and Apache only
- deactivate installed plugins
We have the following milestones ahead:
- more testing with Apache and Debian
- Nginx and Redhat support (maybe Suse)
- install extensions from cpan and github
- remove extensions (with structures and data)
- RT compatibility check
- Automatic rollback in case of crash
Your feedback and ideas are welcome!