Using Scrips assign CustomFields to incoming Tickets (from a pre-defined list of Custom Fields)

Hi,

RT 3.6.7

Purpose:

Using a Scrip, I am trying to set/assign Custom Fields (from a list of pre-defined Custom Fields in Queue-A) to tickets being sent to Queue-A. 

My code below (Scrip) simply parses the Subject line of incoming tickets, and "should" attempt to create (& update) an incoming Ticket based on what shows up in the Subject line.

Problem:

Tickets do get created as I send my emails to RT, yet they do not get set with the Custom Field (from a pre-defined set of custom fields), and Custom Field stays as "no value"

A) my Scrip parameters (using the web interface)
Scrip Description: OnCreateAddCF
Condition: On Correspond
Action: User Defined
Template: Correspondence-XYZ
Stage: TransactionCreate

Custom condition:
Custom action preparation code:

my %cf_hash	= (
	"some-text1"         =>      1,
	"some-text2"    	=>      1,
	"some-text3"         =>      1,
);

my $cf_key;

#Current Subject & 'Queue Name'
my $t_subject	= $self->TicketObj->Subject;
my $queue	= $self->TicketObj->QueueObj->Name;		#Not being used, as my Scrip is Queue-specific (being applied to Queue-A)

#Custom Field Name to be Set
my $cf		= RT::CustomField->new(RT->SystemUser);

#Set Ticket's CustomField, based on Subject line!
foreach $cf_key (keys %cf_hash)
	if (  $t_subject =~ /$cf_key/i ) {
		$cf->LoadByName(Name	=>	$cf_key;
	}	
}

1;

Custom action cleanup code:

B) My Tickets are sent via email to Queue-A@xxxx.com

Subject line of email to Queue-A@xxxx.com: Testing – some-text2

NOTES:

1. Using the Web interface, when I try to “Reply” to the tickets that get created, my Scrip does not even show up as one of the Scrips that is being evaluated. Yet, other Scrips that I have personally created do show up as Scrips that will get triggered (shown below).

2. My User Status:
    -I am an end-user of RT, without any admin privileges on the RT system
    -I have the proper ACL to write, show, etc…for Queue-A
    -I can successfully create tickets in Queue-A (both through email & web interface)
    -I can successfully create Scrips that will get triggered, based on Scrip “Action” being anything other than “User Defined” (i.e., “AutoReply To Requestors”)
    -I don’t have access to RT::Logger (based on our shop setup)

Thanks,
Behzad

PastedGraphic-2.pdf (40.3 KB)

Hi Behzad

As you mentioned, you want to update both on create and correspond. The scip parameters says it would only trigger on
correspond

Have you tried to modify the condition to “On Create” or clone this scrip and change the condition of new one to “On
Create”

I didn’t go through your code but that condition make sense

My code below (Scrip) simply parses the Subject line of incoming tickets, and "should" attempt to create (&

update) an incoming Ticket based on what shows up in the Subject line.

Problem:

Tickets do get created as I send my emails to RT, yet they do not get set with the Custom Field (from a

pre-defined set of custom fields), and Custom Field stays as “no value”

smime.p7s (5.47 KB)

Thanks Payam,

But that’s not the reason (though I tried & created another Scrip for the “On Create” condition as well, and that did not make any difference… Currently:

1) my emails do come into RT, 
2) a Ticket gets generated (or an already created Ticket's content gets updated)
3) However, the Custom Field for the Ticket never gets updated

Trouble is, my Scrip is not even being seen by RT…and since I am not familiar with all the objects, my guess is I am calling the wrong object [i.e., (LoadByName(Name => $cf_key) could potentially be the wrong call for setting a Custom Field of incoming Tickets]:

my $cf		= RT::CustomField->new(RT->SystemUser);

#Set Ticket's CustomField, based on Subject line!
	if (  $t_subject =~ /$cf_key/i ) {
		$cf->LoadByName(Name	=>	$cf_key;
	}	

…Again, my Custom Fields are already defined (about 10 of them). All I need to do is to Update a new Ticket with the proper Custom Field, based on the Subject line of the Ticket.

Thanks,
BehzadOn Aug 26, 2011, at 5:30 AM, Payam Poursaied wrote:

Hi Behzad
As you mentioned, you want to update both on create and correspond. The scip parameters says it would only trigger on correspond
Have you tried to modify the condition to “On Create” or clone this scrip and change the condition of new one to “On Create”

I didn’t go through your code but that condition make sense

My code below (Scrip) simply parses the Subject line of incoming tickets, and "should" attempt to create (& update) an incoming Ticket based on what shows up in the Subject line.

Problem:

Tickets do get created as I send my emails to RT, yet they do not get set with the Custom Field (from a pre-defined set of custom fields), and Custom Field stays as "no value"

Any feedback on this please?

Thanks,
BehzadOn Aug 25, 2011, at 1:48 PM, Behzad Mahini wrote:

Hi,

RT 3.6.7

Purpose:

Using a Scrip, I am trying to set/assign Custom Fields (from a list of pre-defined Custom Fields in Queue-A) to tickets being sent to Queue-A.

My code below (Scrip) simply parses the Subject line of incoming tickets, and “should” attempt to create (& update) an incoming Ticket based on what shows up in the Subject line.

Problem:

Tickets do get created as I send my emails to RT, yet they do not get set with the Custom Field (from a pre-defined set of custom fields), and Custom Field stays as “no value”

Custom condition:
Custom action preparation code:

my %cf_hash = (
“some-text1” => 1,
“some-text2” => 1,
“some-text3” => 1,
);

my $cf_key;

#Current Subject & ‘Queue Name’
my $t_subject = $self->TicketObj->Subject;
my $queue = $self->TicketObj->QueueObj->Name; #Not being used, as my Scrip is Queue-specific (being applied to Queue-A)

my $cf = RT::CustomField->new(RT->SystemUser);

#Set Ticket’s CustomField, based on Subject line!
if ( $t_subject =~ /$cf_key/i ) {
$cf->LoadByName(Name => $cf_key;
}
}

1;

Custom action cleanup code:

B) My Tickets are sent via email to Queue-A@xxxx.com

Subject line of email to Queue-A@xxxx.com: Testing – some-text2

NOTES:

1. Using the Web interface, when I try to “Reply” to the tickets that get created, my Scrip does not even show up as one of the Scrips that is being evaluated. Yet, other Scrips that I have personally created do show up as Scrips that will get triggered (shown below).

2. My User Status:
    -I am an end-user of RT, without any admin privileges on the RT system
    -I have the proper ACL to write, show, etc…for Queue-A
    -I can successfully create tickets in Queue-A (both through email & web interface)
    -I can successfully create Scrips that will get triggered, based on Scrip “Action” being anything other than “User Defined” (i.e., “AutoReply To Requestors”)
    -I don’t have access to RT::Logger (based on our shop setup)

<PastedGraphic-2.pdf>

Thanks,
Behzad

RT Training Sessions (http://bestpractical.com/services/training.html)

• Chicago, IL, USA ˜ September 26 & 27, 2011
  • San Francisco, CA, USA ˜ October 18 & 19, 2011
  • Washington DC, USA ˜ October 31 & November 1, 2011
  • Melbourne VIC, Australia ˜ November 28 & 29, 2011
  • Barcelona, Spain ˜ November 28 & 29, 2011