User lookup upon creating a ticket in web interface

Has anyone made an interface allowing a web-based privileged user to, when on the create ticket page, enter a name and quickly do a lookup on that name? I envision something in the spirit of “tab completion” so that the user confirms that they’ve entered the name correctly. And more importantly: the user’s custom data fields (student class, staff department) would be immediately displayed right there on the page.

This is a feature of OTRS already, but I see no implementation for RT.

One alternative could use the Search Users page and then have the search results include a link to create a new ticket with the matching user(s). Or to use an external directory service and then use a bookmarklet or other way to carry over the search results into the RT web interface. Any better ideas?

Damien Leri
Senior IT Support Manager
Information Technology Services
University of Pennsylvania Law School215.898.2613 damien@law.upenn.edu

Has anyone made an interface allowing a web-based privileged user to, when on the create ticket page, enter a name and quickly do a lookup on that name? I envision something in the spirit of “tab completion” so that the user confirms that they’ve entered the name correctly. And more importantly: the user’s custom data fields (student class, staff department) would be immediately displayed right there on the page.

We’re actually doing an implementation of “Search for users” on the
Ticket Creation page for a customer this week, so expect to see it soon.

Jesse

Great news! Just what we are looking for as well. :slight_smile:

Ron

Jesse Vincent wrote:

We’re actually doing an implementation of “Search for users” on the
Ticket Creation page for a customer this week, so expect to see it soon.

Jesse

The rt-users Archives

RT Administrator and Developer training is coming to your town soon! (Boston, San Francisco, Austin, Sydney) Contact training@bestpractical.com for details.

Be sure to check out the RT Wiki at http://wiki.bestpractical.com

Ron Tyro
Scotiabank Information Commmons, University of Toronto