Upgrade to 1.0.6


#1

Yesterday, I was successful to upgrade RT from 1.0.5 to 1.0.6.
Followings are the consideration and findings.

(1) I did “make upgrade” and changed MySQL password in config.pm to
previous one to avoid malfunction of MySQL.
(2) I opened a ticket with rt-mailgate and found Japanase character is
garbled after upgrade. Then I added the patch provided by Mr.Takaoka at www.fsck.com/pub/rt/contrib/japansese.README. I don’t know why there
was no problem in earlier version and I am not sure if I confirm it
worked with 1.0.5 because it worked for a very short time.
(3) “%rt set due num MM/DD/YY” mail command works properly now.

Regards,
Kazu


#2

Hello Mr. Kimura.

2000-12-05 10:04; Kazu Kimura said:

(2) I opened a ticket with rt-mailgate and found Japanase character is
garbled after upgrade. Then I added the patch provided by Mr.Takaoka
at www.fsck.com/pub/rt/contrib/japansese.README. I don’t know why there
was no problem in earlier version and I am not sure if I confirm it
worked with 1.0.5 because it worked for a very short time.

I make japanese patch for rt-1.0.6. Our site, upgrade from 1.0.4 to 1.0.
6 through 1.0.5 was successed. Japanese character was handled correctly
by mail-gate.

Please try the patch.
TAKAOKA is gathering P_O_W_E_R http://www.method.kusatsu.shiga.jp/~t2/
“Concurrent Programming in Java”, Doug Lea, Addison-Wesley.
“Working with XML”, Eric Armstrong,
http://java.sun.com/xml/tutorial_intro.html

rt-1.0.6-jp.patch (3.91 KB)


#3

Hello Mr.Takaoka,

Thank you for the contribution.

But it seems to me the main difference between old one and new one
exists only on rt/support/mail.pm.

  • $jis_template = Jcode::jcode($template)->iso_2022_jp; <--This was
    

“jis”.(1)
open (MAIL, “|$rt::mailprog $rt::mail_options”);

! print MAIL “Subject: [$rt::rtname #”. $in_serial_num . "] ($in_queue_id) $mime_subject
! Reply-To: $mime_friendly_name <$temp_mail_alias>
! From: $mime_friendly_name <$temp_mail_alias>
! To: $mime_recipient
! Cc: $mime_cc
! Bcc: $mime_bcc
X-Request-ID: $in_serial_num
X-RT-Loop-Prevention: $rt::rtname
X-Sender: $in_current_user
X-Managed-By: Request Tracker $rt::rtversion (http://www.fsck.com/projects/rt)
Precedence: bulk <----This was $precedence(2)
<----There were some description(3)
! $jis_template

Regards,
KazuOn Tue, 5 Dec 2000 18:53:56 +0900 “Tadashi G. Takaoka” t2@uniuni.co.jp wrote:

Hello Mr. Kimura.

2000-12-05 10:04; Kazu Kimura said:

(2) I opened a ticket with rt-mailgate and found Japanase character is
garbled after upgrade. Then I added the patch provided by Mr.Takaoka
at www.fsck.com/pub/rt/contrib/japansese.README. I don’t know why there
was no problem in earlier version and I am not sure if I confirm it
worked with 1.0.5 because it worked for a very short time.

I make japanese patch for rt-1.0.6. Our site, upgrade from 1.0.4 to 1.0.
6 through 1.0.5 was successed. Japanese character was handled correctly
by mail-gate.

Please try the patch.

TAKAOKA is gathering P_O_W_E_R http://www.method.kusatsu.shiga.jp/~t2/
“Concurrent Programming in Java”, Doug Lea, Addison-Wesley.
“Working with XML”, Eric Armstrong,
http://java.sun.com/xml/tutorial_intro.html