Trouble adding custom portlet

Hi everyone, I am having some trouble adding additional portlets to my RT server. I’ve created the required mason files in /opt/rt5/local/html/Elements and updated the RT_Siteconfig.pm file with the following lines:

Set($HomepageComponents, [qw(QuickCreate Quicksearch MyCalendar
   MyAdminQueues MySupportQueues MyReminders
   RefreshHomepage NewPortlet1 NewPortlet2)]);

The NewPortlet1 is working but not NewPortlet2 and I receive the following error message in my apache log:

Change of config option 'HomepageComponents' at /opt/rt5/etc/RT_SiteConfig.pm line 55 has been overridden by the config setting from the database.

Environment:
RT 5.0.0
Ubuntu 18.04 LTS

Im not sure what changes I would need to make in the database as I thought the RT_SiteConfig.pm file was intended for making modifications.

RT 5 allows for setting config via the web UI, Admin->Tools->System configuration. That warning is telling you that the value being read is not from the file system but the config set in the web UI

Ok thank you! is there a way to change this, or since I made changes from the web interface prior I’m stuck?

I “hacked” some of our RT5.x installations so that they have an extra config option that says where to get other config items from, as we found that the web UI was a bit of a pain for the way our team works, and much prefered the old RT4.x file based RT_SiteConfig.pm set up. The patch is in that post if you’d find it useful to go back to using the filesystem based configs.