TransactionBatchStage/Scrip Questions

I sent in a similar query yesterday related to this. I haven’t had much luck finding a resolution. Hopefully, I can explain the situation more clearly. Our users close tickets three different ways:

1. Changing the status to resolved with no comments.
  2. Changing the status to resolved and keying comments (not sent to requestors).
  3. Changing the status to resolved. Go down to the “Update ticket” section and change the “Update type” to “Reply to requesters”. Key in comments and click on the “Save Changes” button.

Methods two and three generate two emails to the admin cc’s based on the scripts I have setup. The scripts are “On Resolve Notify AdminCcs as Comment with template Resolve with Ticket Content” and “On Correspond Notify Requesters, Ccs and AdminCcs with template Correspondence”. What I want to do is only send one email when the user changes the status to “resolved” and keys “comments” or chooses “Reply to requestors”. However, I don’t want to disable the “On Correspond” since a user may input comments or use “reply to requestors” without changing the status to resolved.

It looks like the TransactionBatchStage feature might be what is needed in my case, but I am not clear on how it works. Any help is greatly appreciated.

Shannon

Do You Yahoo!?
Tired of spam? Yahoo! Mail has the best spam protection around