To many mails


#1

Howdy All,

Can you give me some advice on the mail.
Users are complaining about getting to
much mail. It normally works out that
the Requester always gets 2 copies sent
to him when a change is made. How do
I cut down on this?

Thanks…James


#2

Sounds like you’ve turned on “notify requestor of transaction” turn it off.On Mon, Oct 23, 2000 at 05:09:28PM -0500, James Wade wrote:

Howdy All,

Can you give me some advice on the mail.
Users are complaining about getting to
much mail. It normally works out that
the Requester always gets 2 copies sent
to him when a change is made. How do
I cut down on this?

Thanks…James


rt-users mailing list
rt-users@lists.fsck.com
http://lists.fsck.com/mailman/listinfo/rt-users

jesse reed vincent — root@eruditorum.orgjesse@fsck.com
pgp keyprint: 50 41 9C 03 D0 BC BC C8 2C B9 77 26 6F E1 EB 91
Linux is like a Vorlon. It is incredibly powerful, gives terse,
cryptic answers and has a lot of things going on in the background.


#3

Jesse wrote:

Sounds like you’ve turned on “notify requestor of transaction” turn it off.

SNIP

Personally, I like that notification, but too many users whined about
it (like
a single extra email telling them that someone actually did something
about
their problem was too much to handle). I liked letting requesters know
that,
even if they didn’t get to read our comments, at least we were doing
something
with it. Oh well. End users, what are ya gonna do?

GW


#4

2.0 Acutally makes this much more configurable, though we may not
ship a “full” set of notification options for 2.0.0.On Mon, Oct 23, 2000 at 10:15:41PM -0700, Greg White wrote:

Jesse wrote:

Sounds like you’ve turned on “notify requestor of transaction” turn it off.

SNIP

Personally, I like that notification, but too many users whined about
it (like
a single extra email telling them that someone actually did something
about
their problem was too much to handle). I liked letting requesters know
that,
even if they didn’t get to read our comments, at least we were doing
something
with it. Oh well. End users, what are ya gonna do?

GW


rt-users mailing list
rt-users@lists.fsck.com
http://lists.fsck.com/mailman/listinfo/rt-users

jesse reed vincent — root@eruditorum.orgjesse@fsck.com
pgp keyprint: 50 41 9C 03 D0 BC BC C8 2C B9 77 26 6F E1 EB 91
"That package looks like what I wanted, but the site was down today,
so I decided to reimplement it in Perl."
-me


#5

In a message dated: Tue, 24 Oct 2000 01:15:42 EDT
Jesse said:

2.0 Acutally makes this much more configurable, though we may not
ship a “full” set of notification options for 2.0.0.

Any idea when 2.0 will be released? Is the CVS version stable enough for use
now?

Thanks,
Seeya,
Paul
I’m in shape, my shape just happens to be pear!

 If you're not having fun, you're not doing it right!