is it possible that users can see only the tickets they own? Idea is that
the head of IT department create project(master ticket) and
tickets) for sub departments. Head of sub department can see all tickets
queue of his department, but other users can only see tickets they own.
Must we create queue for each user to achive that ?
I don’t think you need a separate queue for each user. Probably a queue
for each sub department? Can sub department heads see Sounds like you have
- IT department head
- sub department head
- a single group containing IT department head(s).
- a group for each subdept, each containing sub department head(s)
- a group for each subdept, each containing sub dept workers
- queue for each sub dept
For each queue, set up group rights:
- all access for IT dept head group
- all access for appropriate sub dept head group
- ‘OwnTicket’ for appropriate worker group
- ShowTicket etc. for Owner role
So a worker will not be able to see tickets unless they are the owner.
If you’re talking about a single queue for the whole department, a similar
scheme would apply.
Senior Programmer/Analyst - SAIS