Tickets Resolving but not setting CLOSED date/time

Hi All,

Hope we’re all doing well…!

I’ve got a situation where we have given a user group the permission to RESOLVE tickets, but otherwise they’re unable to MODIFY TICKET.

This was done to allow them to close off completed works, but removed from them the ability to tamper with due dates, priorities etc…

Now it seems that this has caused a bug - where they are able to resolve the job, but the CLOSED date does not update - presumably because they don’t have the ability to MODIFY TICKET? It seems the ability to RESOLVE a ticket doesn’t allow the CLOSED date to be set as well…?

Is this a bug or is this something I’VE done wrong?

I’m wondering if a scrip to work around this is the answer…?

Dave Fitches
Security Software Administrator | Security Systems | Property and Campus Services
BN203, 213-215 Grattan Street
The University of Melbourne, Victoria 3010, Australia
T +61 3 8344 9232 | M +61 411 811 525 | F +61 3 9349 5175 | dfitches@unimelb.edu.aumailto:dfitches@unimelb.edu.au | securitysystems.unimelb.edu.auhttp://securitysystems.unimelb.edu.au/
[cid:image001.png@01CDDD27.F59750D0]
This email and any attachments may contain personal information or information that is otherwise confidential or the subject of copyright. Any use, disclosure or copying of any part of it is prohibited. The University does not warrant that this email or any attachments are free from viruses or defects. Please check any attachments for viruses and defects before opening them. If this email is received in error please delete it and notify us by return email. And I’m only using this signature template because I’m told I must conform. Personally I liked my old one better - but that’s life! :wink: