Tickets: Query Builder - how to show tickets created within last 7 days?

Hi,

I am trying to build and save a query within Query Builder that will show the tickets created within last 7 days.

The Query Builder allows me to specify a Created condition of BEFORE, ON, or AFTER a fixed date/time. I am using an Oracle db, so the query phrase would be something like “Created >= sysdate - 7”.

I tried using the Advanced screen to manually enter the phrase above, but when I return to the Query Builder screen, the phrase gets changed to “Created >= ‘7’”.

Any thoughts?

thanks

Pei Ku
ATC

Pei Ku wrote:

I am trying to build and save a query within Query Builder that will show the tickets created within last 7 days.

I’m totally ignorant on these matters, but with my PostgreSQL instance,
I can select AFTER and then type in “8 days ago”. I doubt this is
supported by PostgreSQL itself, so the magic may work for you also. You
can also say things like “last wednesday”, etc.

Kevin Murphy

thanks Kevin - that worked.

apparently the query builder is doing more than just concatenating the WHERE clause… I queried Oracle’s dynamic view to see the actual SQLs being executed by RT – the WHERE clauses don’t look exactly like what you see in RT’s query builder.

Which brings to another question - is there documentation on what values you can set in the Query Builder?

thanks!

Pei

RT uses Time::ParseDate for this.

http://search.cpan.org/~muir/Time-modules-2003.1126/lib/Time/ParseDate.pmOn Tue, Dec 07, 2004 at 01:20:47PM -0800, Pei Ku wrote:

thanks Kevin - that worked.

apparently the query builder is doing more than just concatenating the WHERE clause… I queried Oracle’s dynamic view to see the actual SQLs being executed by RT – the WHERE clauses don’t look exactly like what you see in RT’s query builder.

Which brings to another question - is there documentation on what values you can set in the Query Builder?

thanks!

Pei

-----Original Message-----
Sent: Tuesday, December 07, 2004 1:05 PM
To: Pei Ku; rt-users@lists.bestpractical.com
Subject: Re: [rt-users] Tickets: Query Builder - how to show tickets
created within last 7 days?

Pei Ku wrote:

I am trying to build and save a query within Query Builder
that will show the tickets created within last 7 days.

I’m totally ignorant on these matters, but with my PostgreSQL
instance,
I can select AFTER and then type in “8 days ago”. I doubt this is
supported by PostgreSQL itself, so the magic may work for you
also. You
can also say things like “last wednesday”, etc.

Kevin Murphy

The rt-users Archives

Be sure to check out the RT wiki at http://wiki.bestpractical.com