This is not a release announcement for RT 3.6.0

I’ve just forward-ported all bugfixes from RT 3.4 to the RT 3.5
development branch. Additionally, I’ve deployed the compatibility glue
that allows RTFM 2.2rc (and similar tools) to run on RT 3.5+. The
current development branch still has a few nits we’d like to clean up
before RT 3.6.0rc1 is released, but it’s close enough that I’d like to
see more user testing. Accordingly, I’ve just bumped the version number
from 3.5.7 to 3.6.0pre0. So. please download RT 3.6.0pre0, play around
and email patches.

Best,

Jesse

Hello!On Tue, 2006-02-21 at 17:43 -0500, Jesse Vincent wrote:

[…] but it’s close enough that I’d like to
see more user testing. Accordingly, I’ve just bumped the version number
from 3.5.7 to 3.6.0pre0. So. please download RT 3.6.0pre0, play around
and email patches.

Oooo. And I just rekicked the dev server, dropped the old dev data and
replaced it with a copy of the prod data, and everything!

Thanks for the exquisite timing!

–j
Jim Meyer, Geek at Large purp@acm.org

Hi,On Tue, 2006-02-21 at 17:43 -0500, Jesse Vincent wrote:

[…] but it’s close enough that I’d like to
see more user testing. Accordingly, I’ve just bumped the version number
from 3.5.7 to 3.6.0pre0. So. please download RT 3.6.0pre0, play around
and email patches.

Does anyone have any idea about the problem that Karl and I are running
into whereby if we modify the " highest priority tickets I own" page
by adding another column (or removing one), it quits showing any tickets
under that column? I’ve tested 3.6.0pre0 and it has the same symptoms
for me. All I do is go into the Customize “N” highest … page, select
"QueueName" under the “Show Columns:” and then click Delete. I did notice
another oddity, the page that loads after I click Delete seems to have
completely forgotten my “Order by:” settings. They had been "Priority"
and “Desc”, but after I click Delete they change to "AdminCc.EmailAddress"
and “Asc”. After I click Save and go back to “Home”, no tickets show up
under “10 highest priority tickets I own” (until I go into the mysql
database and delete the preference found by:

SELECT Attributes.id,Attributes.Name,Attributes.Description FROM
Attributes LEFT JOIN Users ON Attributes.Creator = Users.id WHERE
Users.Name = ‘alden’ AND Attributes.Name != “SquelchMailTo” AND
Attributes.Name != “SavedSearch”;

(Note that the “Description” field for the preference is null).

Help?

…dave

Dave Alden
The Ohio State University
Department of Mathematics

Dave Alden wrote:

Does anyone have any idea about the problem that Karl and I are running
into whereby if we modify the " highest priority tickets I own" page
by adding another column (or removing one), it quits showing any tickets
under that column? I’ve tested 3.6.0pre0 and it has the same symptoms
for me.

It’s a known issue, but has not been fixed yet.

Tom

Hi,On Wed, Feb 22, 2006 at 02:56:53PM -0500, Thomas Sibley wrote:

Dave Alden wrote:

Does anyone have any idea about the problem that Karl and I are running
into whereby if we modify the " highest priority tickets I own" page
by adding another column (or removing one), it quits showing any tickets
under that column? I’ve tested 3.6.0pre0 and it has the same symptoms
for me.

It’s a known issue, but has not been fixed yet.

Good news (sorta :-). I’m glad that’s it not just the two of us (I hate
bugs like that :-). I’ll crawl back into my corner – thanks for such
a great product.

…thnx,
…dave

Dave Alden
The Ohio State University
Department of Mathematics

testdeps doesn’t check for GR or GD::Graph. Under standalone
the second time you try to creat a chart without GD installed
the server dies.

-ToddOn Tue, Feb 21, 2006 at 05:43:33PM -0500, Jesse Vincent wrote:

I’ve just forward-ported all bugfixes from RT 3.4 to the RT 3.5
development branch. Additionally, I’ve deployed the compatibility glue
that allows RTFM 2.2rc (and similar tools) to run on RT 3.5+. The
current development branch still has a few nits we’d like to clean up
before RT 3.6.0rc1 is released, but it’s close enough that I’d like to
see more user testing. Accordingly, I’ve just bumped the version number
from 3.5.7 to 3.6.0pre0. So. please download RT 3.6.0pre0, play around
and email patches.

Best,

Jesse


Rt-devel mailing list
Rt-devel@lists.bestpractical.com
http://lists.bestpractical.com/cgi-bin/mailman/listinfo/rt-devel

Nevermind. :)On Mon, Feb 27, 2006 at 02:40:26PM -0500, Todd Chapman wrote:

testdeps doesn’t check for GR or GD::Graph. Under standalone
the second time you try to creat a chart without GD installed
the server dies.

-Todd

On Tue, Feb 21, 2006 at 05:43:33PM -0500, Jesse Vincent wrote:

I’ve just forward-ported all bugfixes from RT 3.4 to the RT 3.5
development branch. Additionally, I’ve deployed the compatibility glue
that allows RTFM 2.2rc (and similar tools) to run on RT 3.5+. The
current development branch still has a few nits we’d like to clean up
before RT 3.6.0rc1 is released, but it’s close enough that I’d like to
see more user testing. Accordingly, I’ve just bumped the version number
from 3.5.7 to 3.6.0pre0. So. please download RT 3.6.0pre0, play around
and email patches.

Best,

Jesse


Rt-devel mailing list
Rt-devel@lists.bestpractical.com
http://lists.bestpractical.com/cgi-bin/mailman/listinfo/rt-devel


Rt-devel mailing list
Rt-devel@lists.bestpractical.com
http://lists.bestpractical.com/cgi-bin/mailman/listinfo/rt-devel

Attached a patch that helps 3.6 pass regression tests in
an enviroment where localhost and por 80 are not where
tests are done. In other words, honor the configuration!

-Todd

3.6regression.patch (8.11 KB)

Hello Jesse,
3.6rc0 is a great prerelease. The Dates and People subtabs don’t work
because Ticket/Elements/EditDates and Ticket/Elements/EditPeople are
not called in ModifyDates.html and ModifyPeople.html. I just dropped
the cals from ModifyAll.html into the respective files, and now it
works.

rt3.6rc0 also integrates AT 1.2.3rc4 without problems. This is
running on apache2, tested with mod_perl2 and fcgid - both work
reasonably well (more on that in the thread about fcgid soon).

Running on MySQL 5.0.18, apache 2.0.55 mod_perl2.0.2/fcgid 1.0.7,
perl 5.8.8

I would love to see a condensed css style for small resolution
screens, but I guess so would you. The CSS based layouts do scale a
lot better than the 3.4 one, and I love the print css for generating
a paper trail from a ticket.

Regards,
Harald

Harald Wagener
Technischer Leiter

Foote Cone & Belding
FCB Wilkens
An der Alster 42
20099 Hamburg
Germany

T: +49 (0)40 2881 1252
F: +49 (0)40 2881 1217
hwagener@hamburg.fcb.com
http://www.footeconebelding.de