At 12:18 AM 3/04/2003 +0200, Robert Jansen wrote:
Do you get the same issues when displaying rt3.bestpractical.com?
No. Even stranger,… when I change the Text Encoding in the browser, The
rt3.bestpractical.com page REMAINS in english !
With my setup, my page is redrawn trying to render the Text Encoding which
(BTW: Japanese(MacOS) looks good, other give gibberish)
I can try to update perl modules, maybe an old module from a local
I reconfigured my perl CPAN to use the main perl CPAN site only.
How do you update in bulk all the installed module in perl ?
(searched CPAN and perl, but no clear pointers on this matter).
Any pointers appreciated.
I had the same problem - but after installing
Locale::Maketext-1.04, 1.03 was still installed - and included earlier by
Perl! What does:
perl -e 'use Locale::Maketext; print $Locale::Maketext::VERSION;'
Indeed, this command gives me version 1.03.
That explains alot !
perl -V will tell you the layout of your @INC module search path:
Exactly the same in my perl install.
I had to:
find . -name ‘Maketext*’
and then remove the 5.8.0/Locale/Maketext files (where version 1.03 lived).
This fixed my problem. And then the restart of Apache to ensure it didn’t
have Locale::Maketext cached.
Yes, I removed all this, reinstalled Locale::Maketext from the tarball Sean M Burke send me,
(also reinstalled Locale::Maketext::Fuzzy and Locale::Maketext::Lexicon for good measure)
restarted apache, and… presto, it works…
English Locale in Safari.
The big issue is that Locale::Maketext 1.03 doesn’t get replaced when installing version 1.04
= /// /// /// /// _/ _/ Brook Schofield =
= _/ _/ _/ _/ _/ _/ _/ _/ _/ / B.Schofield@griffith.edu.au =
= // /// _/ _/ _/ _/ // Ph: +61 7 387 53779 - WCN 0.28 =
= _/ _/ _/ _/ _/ _/ _/ _/ _/ / Directory Services Integration =
= /// / / /// /// _/ _/ Griffith University QLD 4111 =
A big thanks to Brook, Jesse and Sean.