I’ve run through nearly every idea that I’ve had and I still can’t
make RT behave as quick or stable as I know it can. (It consumes too
much memory and then apache log file rotation causes apache to crash
instead of restart.)
Here is what I've tried. Please make any "next step" suggestions that
come to mind.
Checked Apache’s logs
Reinstalled and/or upgraded all Perl libraries
Reinstalled and upgraded mod_perl
Reinstalled and upgraded Apache 1.3.x
Enabled and checked RT’s logs
Enabled and checked MySQL logging
Reinstalled RT 3.2.2
Installed RT 3.2.2 on different server with fresh mod_perl, etc.
installs and then have it reference the original MySQL server.
Switch from mod_perl to FastCGI install.
The switch to FastCGI was just today. An interesting change did
occur, even though it didn’t fix the problems with performance and the
inability to load our longest tickets. Loading a long ticket would
pause for several dozen seconds and then display a large chunk of the
ticket’s display all in one shot. Another long pause, another chunk.
etc. However, one of our largest tickets wouldn’t display any more
than before. Instead of just trying to render indefinitely, as did
before, it paused for a little more than 2 minutes and then the page
suddenly ended like this: (final “good” section included for the sake
of providing some context)
Comments about this user:
No comment entered about this user
This user’s 10 highest priority tickets:
- 3356: MC Palm won't sync for Mrs. Miller (new)
- 2276: MobileLab01 workstations losing AirPort network name (open)
- 3267: MH MC overdues (open)
- 2666: MC Server - Gare (open)
- 3300: ibook #6 - from mobile cart (new)
- 3364: MC computer w/ folder & ? - not working (new)
- 2373: MH-MediaCntr-01 (open)
- 2876: Drop Boxes and Guest account (open)
- 3363: MC comp 000444 - unable to use power point (open)
- 697: EGP (open)
OKThe server encountered an internal error or misconfiguration and was unable to complete your request.
Please contact the server administrator, firstname.lastname@example.org and inform them of the time the error occurred, and anything you might have done that may have caused the error.
More information about this error may be available in the server error log.
Apache/1.3.31 Server at cns.cairodurham.org Port 80
The sudden change from "<TABLE CLA" to HTTP headers within the HTML
source itself looks strange to me. This is a ticket that has been
giving me a lot of trouble ever since the RT 2.0.15 to 3.2.2 upgrade.
I can’t even make that ticket display completely.
With all that I've done, I am starting to wonder what could be left.
With the exception of dropping all the MySQL tables and starting over
(without any of my still unresolved tickets!) I think that I’ve tried