Starting ticket numbering at a given number

Hi,

Currently evaluating RT and trying to have tickets created in it
in parallel with req…

=> How can I set RT to start numbering at a given number ?
How is found the next number to use ?

(I tried to modify the id and EffectiveId for the last created ticket
in the Tickets table but it does’nt work. Next ticket is created with
previous next available number, not the one I set).

Jean-Michel BARBET.

Jean-michel BARBET | Tel: +33 (0)2 51 85 84 86
Laboratoire SUBATECH Nantes France | Fax: +33 (0)2 51 85 84 79
CNRS-IN2P3/Ecole des Mines/Universite | E-Mail: barbet@subatech.in2p3.fr

You have to alter the database table and set it’s auto number start point.

Jean-Michel Barbet wrote:

Hi,

Currently evaluating RT and trying to have tickets created in it
in parallel with req…

=> How can I set RT to start numbering at a given number ?
How is found the next number to use ?

(I tried to modify the id and EffectiveId for the last created ticket
in the Tickets table but it does’nt work. Next ticket is created with
previous next available number, not the one I set).

Jean-Michel BARBET.

With regards,

Say_Ten

This e.mail is private and confidential between Multiplay (UK) Ltd. and the person or entity to whom it is addressed. In the event of misdirection, the recipient is prohibited from using, copying, printing or otherwise disseminating it or any information contained in it.

In the event of misdirection, illegible or incomplete transmission please telephone (023) 8024 3137
or return the E.mail to postmaster@multiplay.co.uk.

Matthew Cheale wrote:

You have to alter the database table and set it’s auto number start
point.

Jean-Michel Barbet wrote:

Hi,

Currently evaluating RT and trying to have tickets created in it
in parallel with req…

=> How can I set RT to start numbering at a given number ?
How is found the next number to use ?

(I tried to modify the id and EffectiveId for the last created ticket
in the Tickets table but it does’nt work. Next ticket is created with
previous next available number, not the one I set).

Jean-Michel BARBET.

Is this to make RT not start its search from ticket nr 1?
If so how do you search older tickets?
/nisse

<±-// \–+>
Datorcentralen Luel� tekniska universitet
Name: Nils-Erik Svang�rd e-mail: nisse@dc.ltu.se
Ph: +46-920-49244 URL:http://www.dc.ltu.se
<±-\ //–+>

Nils-Erik Svang�rd wrote:

Matthew Cheale wrote:

You have to alter the database table and set it’s auto number start
point.

Jean-Michel Barbet wrote:

Hi,

Currently evaluating RT and trying to have tickets created in it
in parallel with req…

=> How can I set RT to start numbering at a given number ?
How is found the next number to use ?

(I tried to modify the id and EffectiveId for the last created ticket
in the Tickets table but it does’nt work. Next ticket is created with
previous next available number, not the one I set).

Jean-Michel BARBET.

Is this to make RT not start its search from ticket nr 1?
No. It’s to force DB to use custom start value for ticket’s id.
Not 1, but 1000000.

Nils-Erik Svang�rd wrote:

Is this to make RT not start its search from ticket nr 1?
If so how do you search older tickets?

No, this is because we are currently using req and want to start
using RT at number 3843 to have the same ticket number in both
request-trackers.

We will have the in parallel and the stop req to use RT exclusively.

Jean-Michel BARBET.

By the way, thanks to Matthew Cheale for his answer that I will try
soon.

Jean-michel BARBET | Tel: +33 (0)2 51 85 84 86
Laboratoire SUBATECH Nantes France | Fax: +33 (0)2 51 85 84 79
CNRS-IN2P3/Ecole des Mines/Universite | E-Mail: barbet@subatech.in2p3.fr

Ruslan U. Zakirov wrote:

Nils-Erik Svang�rd wrote:

Matthew Cheale wrote:

You have to alter the database table and set it’s auto number start
point.

Jean-Michel Barbet wrote:

Hi,

Currently evaluating RT and trying to have tickets created in it
in parallel with req…

=> How can I set RT to start numbering at a given number ?
How is found the next number to use ?

(I tried to modify the id and EffectiveId for the last created ticket
in the Tickets table but it does’nt work. Next ticket is created with
previous next available number, not the one I set).

Jean-Michel BARBET.

Is this to make RT not start its search from ticket nr 1?

No. It’s to force DB to use custom start value for ticket’s id.
Not 1, but 1000000.

If so how do you search older tickets?
/nisse

Ok, if I want to all searches to by default search the latest 2000
tickets and not all 45000. Is that possible?
Or do I have to dump part of the db to get that to work?
/nisse

<±-// \–+>
Datorcentralen Luel� tekniska universitet
Name: Nils-Erik Svang�rd e-mail: nisse@dc.ltu.se
Ph: +46-920-49244 URL:http://www.dc.ltu.se
<±-\ //–+>

Nils-Erik Svang�rd wrote:

Ruslan U. Zakirov wrote:

Nils-Erik Svang�rd wrote:

Matthew Cheale wrote:

You have to alter the database table and set it’s auto number start
point.

Jean-Michel Barbet wrote:

Hi,

Currently evaluating RT and trying to have tickets created in it
in parallel with req…

=> How can I set RT to start numbering at a given number ?
How is found the next number to use ?

(I tried to modify the id and EffectiveId for the last created ticket
in the Tickets table but it does’nt work. Next ticket is created with
previous next available number, not the one I set).

Jean-Michel BARBET.

Is this to make RT not start its search from ticket nr 1?

No. It’s to force DB to use custom start value for ticket’s id.
Not 1, but 1000000.

If so how do you search older tickets?
/nisse

Ok, if I want to all searches to by default search the latest 2000
tickets and not all 45000. Is that possible?
strictly 2000 - no, but in RT-3.2 you can add condition
id > XXXX, you should choose XXX according to your max id value.
For example you current last ticket id is 233000 then you can add ‘id >
200000’ to search only in last ~33000(note ~)
Or do I have to dump part of the db to get that to work?
dump? I think it wouldn’t help a lot. If you want export&clean_up old RT
tickets, then it’s not easy to do.

Nils-Erik Svang�rd wrote:
[snip]

Ok, if I want to all searches to by default search the latest 2000
tickets and not all 45000. Is that possible?

strictly 2000 - no, but in RT-3.2 you can add condition
id > XXXX, you should choose XXX according to your max id value.
For example you current last ticket id is 233000 then you can add 'id

200000’ to search only in last ~33000(note ~)

Ok I’ll try that.
Is it possible to add somewhere so that condition is default, and users
must activly delete it when they want to search older than 33000tickets?
I think no, without some hacking. RT doesn’t have any interface to setup
default search condition, but also this should be dinamic condition(you
ticket id is always growing).

I think you try to speed up searches, don’t you? Or you have another reason?

Ruslan U. Zakirov wrote:

Nils-Erik Svang�rd wrote:
[snip]

Ok, if I want to all searches to by default search the latest 2000
tickets and not all 45000. Is that possible?

strictly 2000 - no, but in RT-3.2 you can add condition
id > XXXX, you should choose XXX according to your max id value.
For example you current last ticket id is 233000 then you can add
’id > 200000’ to search only in last ~33000(note ~)

Ok I’ll try that.
Is it possible to add somewhere so that condition is default, and
users must activly delete it when they want to search older than
33000tickets?

I think no, without some hacking. RT doesn’t have any interface to
setup default search condition, but also this should be dinamic
condition(you ticket id is always growing).

I think you try to speed up searches, don’t you? Or you have another
reason?

/nisse

Yes I’m trying to speed things up. When running specific searches mysql
will eat 99% of the cpu, and stay alive for very long time, when I found
the problem it had been running for 52hours!
/nisse

<±-// \–+>
Datorcentralen Luel� tekniska universitet
Name: Nils-Erik Svang�rd e-mail: nisse@dc.ltu.se
Ph: +46-920-49244 URL:http://www.dc.ltu.se
<±-\ //–+>

Hi all,On 24 Sep 2004 at 15:16, Jean-Michel Barbet wrote:

Nils-Erik Svangård wrote:

Is this to make RT not start its search from ticket nr 1?
If so how do you search older tickets?

No, this is because we are currently using req and want to start
using RT at number 3843 to have the same ticket number in both
request-trackers.

We will have the in parallel and the stop req to use RT exclusively.

Jean-Michel BARBET.

By the way, thanks to Matthew Cheale for his answer that I will try
soon.

I would be very happy, if you could point me in the right direction,
because this I what I am also looking for. (I searched the archive
for a good time now with no success.)

Bye for now,
Bis denne,
Joerg

Joerg Herbert wrote:

Hi all,

Nils-Erik Svang�rd wrote:

Is this to make RT not start its search from ticket nr 1?
If so how do you search older tickets?

No, this is because we are currently using req and want to start
using RT at number 3843 to have the same ticket number in both
request-trackers.

We will have the in parallel and the stop req to use RT exclusively.

Jean-Michel BARBET.

By the way, thanks to Matthew Cheale for his answer that I will try
soon.

I would be very happy, if you could point me in the right direction,
because this I what I am also looking for. (I searched the archive
for a good time now with no success.)

Note :
I use MySQL, commands may have to be adapted for another database.

a) connect to your database, as a user with enough rights on the
database rt3 (I used root) :

mysql  -u root -p
Password: *********

b) select the rt3 base and update the Ticket table :

mysql>use rt3;
mysql>alter table Tickets auto_increment=3846;

I had to give more than one try and, still I do not remember if
the number to put here is the next number to use or the current one,
in which case the next will be this one plus one.

Jean-Michel BARBET.

Jean-michel BARBET | Tel: +33 (0)2 51 85 84 86
Laboratoire SUBATECH Nantes France | Fax: +33 (0)2 51 85 84 79
CNRS-IN2P3/Ecole des Mines/Universite | E-Mail: barbet@subatech.in2p3.fr

Anyone knows how to alter the Mysql database to have the ticket number
to start at a different number on RT3.4 ?
I tried this:
alter table Tickets auto_increment=2035;
but it does not work.

Next AutoIndex number still shows “35”. How can I changed it to “2035”
?

Thanks

CONFIDENTIALITY NOTICE: The information contained in this message and
or attachments is intended only for the person or entity to which it is
addressed and may contain confidential and/or privileged material. Any
review, retransmission, dissemination, copying, or other use of this
information by persons or entities other than the intended recipient is
prohibited. If you received this e-mail or its attachments in error,
please contact the sender and delete the material from any system and
destroy any copies.