Stalled tickets - Open on comment/reply?

Perhaps this is not a bug, but stalled tickets that gets updated via email from external parties, didn’t this previously change the status of the ticket to Open?

In RT 4.4 it seems not to work, and cant seem to make it work with custom scrip either (due to lack of perl skills).

Is this a bug or supposed to work in this way?

Regards

Hi Joel,

There is indeed a scrip that auto-changes the status of inactive tickets back to active when a customer replies. However, stalled is not considered an inactive status in the default life cycle. Feel free to correct me if I’m wrong, but due to this the built-in scrip will not change the status to open when a ticket gets updated while in stalled status.

Below is a portion of the default lifecycle, anything in inactive will cause the ticket’s status to be updated.

default => {
    initial         => [qw(new)], # loc_qw
    active          => [qw(open stalled)], # loc_qw
    inactive        => [qw(resolved rejected deleted)], # loc_qw

Regards,

Zoey Schutt

Braincoral Technology, LLCFrom: rt-users rt-users-bounces@lists.bestpractical.com on behalf of Joel Bergmark joel.bergmark@t3.se
Sent: Thursday, May 12, 2016 2:30:01 PM
To: rt-users@lists.bestpractical.com
Subject: [rt-users] Stalled tickets - Open on comment/reply?

Perhaps this is not a bug, but stalled tickets that gets updated via email from external parties, didn’t this previously change the status of the ticket to Open?

In RT 4.4 it seems not to work, and cant seem to make it work with custom scrip either (due to lack of perl skills).

Regards

Hi,

You are right, thanks for the input.

I’m trying to set up a custom Lifecycle that I want to use in a few Queues, but seemingly I cant manage to get the configuration to be activated (Still only have the option Default, in the lifecycle dropdown.

Here is the config, from RT_SiteConfig.pm, server is rebooted after config change, is there something wrong with this or is it something changed in RT 4.4.0?

Set(%Lifecycles, Kundservice => {
initial => [qw(new)], # loc_qw
active => [qw(open)], # loc_qw
inactive => [qw(stalled resolved rejected deleted)], # loc_qw
},
transitions => {
“” => [qw(new open resolved)],

# from   => [ to list ],
        new      => [qw(    open stalled resolved rejected deleted)],
        open     => [qw(new      stalled resolved rejected deleted)],
        stalled  => [qw(new open         rejected resolved deleted)],
        resolved => [qw(new open stalled          rejected deleted)],
        rejected => [qw(new open stalled resolved          deleted)],
        deleted  => [qw(new open stalled rejected resolved        )],
    },

);

Thanks

Från: Zoey Schutt [mailto:zoey@braincoral.io]
Skickat: den 16 maj 2016 14:46
Till: Joel Bergmark joel.bergmark@t3.se; rt-users@lists.bestpractical.com
Ämne: Re: Stalled tickets - Open on comment/reply?

Hi Joel,

There is indeed a scrip that auto-changes the status of inactive tickets back to active when a customer replies. However, stalled is not considered an inactive status in the default life cycle. Feel free to correct me if I’m wrong, but due to this the built-in scrip will not change the status to open when a ticket gets updated while in stalled status.

Below is a portion of the default lifecycle, anything in inactive will cause the ticket’s status to be updated.

default => {
    initial         => [qw(new)], # loc_qw
    active          => [qw(open stalled)], # loc_qw
    inactive        => [qw(resolved rejected deleted)], # loc_qw

Regards,

Zoey Schutt

Braincoral Technology, LLCFrom: rt-users <rt-users-bounces@lists.bestpractical.commailto:rt-users-bounces@lists.bestpractical.com> on behalf of Joel Bergmark <joel.bergmark@t3.semailto:joel.bergmark@t3.se>
Sent: Thursday, May 12, 2016 2:30:01 PM
To: rt-users@lists.bestpractical.commailto:rt-users@lists.bestpractical.com
Subject: [rt-users] Stalled tickets - Open on comment/reply?

Regards