Spreadsheet export of DateTime CFs is wrong

Hi,

I am noticing a discrepency between how RT 4.4.2 exports DateTime custom fields and the built in date fields such as Created, Started and Due. For those fields Excel imports them correctly as a date field. I would expect the DateTime custom field to be the same, but unfortunately they import as a text field. Does anyone already have a patch to address this problem? I was surprised to see this behavior now that DateTime is a defined custom field type. Our previous release did not have that so I expected to need to massage the exported data.

Regards,
Ken

1 Like

Hi,

This problem applies to the RT-Extension-SearchResults-XLS export and not the simple TSV export from RT. I will give an update when I have additional information.

Regards,
Ken

Hi,

I tracked down the problem that was reported and it looks like everything is working as expected. In order for the Spreadsheet feed to act like our client wanted, you need to select the ISO format datetime format option in the preferences. Then Excel will identify it as a datetime field during the import process.

Regards,
Ken