Shredder error in RT 5.0.4

Hi,

I am working on an upgrade of our system from RT 4.4.4 to RT 5.0.4. While running through and validating all of the functions, I see that using Admin->Tools->Shredder gives an internal RT error. In the logs, this is the line I see:

Jul 29 18:29:18 rt1a RT: [82430] Can’t locate object method “top_anchor” via package “RT::Shredder::POD::HTML” at /opt/rt504/sbin/…/lib/RT/Shredder/POD.pm line 59.#012#012Stack:#012 [/opt/rt504/sbin/…/lib/RT/Shredder/POD.pm:59]#012 [/opt/rt504/share/html/Admin/Tools/Shredder/Elements/PluginHelp:71]#012 [/opt/rt504/share/html/Admin/Tools/Shredder/Elements/SelectPlugin:48]#012 [/opt/rt504/share/html/Admin/Tools/Shredder/index.html:61]#012 [/opt/rt504/share/html/Admin/Tools/Shredder/autohandler:59]#012 [/opt/rt504/share/html/Admin/autohandler:49]#012 [/opt/rt504/sbin/…/lib/RT/Interface/Web.pm:751]#012 [/opt/rt504/sbin/…/lib/RT/Interface/Web.pm:428]#012 [/opt/rt504/share/html/autohandler:53]

Has anyone seen this error before? Any idea how to fix it?

Regards,
Ken Marshall

I looked at the code in /opt/rt5/lib/RT/Shredder/POD.pm and see that the top_anchor line did not appear in the RT 4.4.4 file so I just commented it out. It now appears to display and work but I do not know what that line was supposed to do so if anyone has a better fix, please let me know.

Regards,
Ken

I spoke too soon. No I see the first screen but when I select the type of object to shred the second part of the page do not appear. Any ideas?

Regards,
Ken

Okay, there was a second line in the file:

$parser->top_anchor(‘’);

When I commented it out as well, I see all the expected displays. I would definitely appreciate any assistance with a real fix, if it exists. Has anyone else had this problem?

Regards,
Ken

I ended up with the same issue with an upgrade from 5.0.2 to 5.0.4
It appears they forgot to embed a pearl dependancy into the upgrade package, so try this:

From command line run cpan Pod::Simple::HTML

Restart Apache, and try to run shredder again.

That fixed the problem. Thank you so much.

Regards,
Ken