Setting email as queue e-mail

Im setting up some queues in RT and I need the e-mail address the emails
come from to be the correct queue email address. For example, the
Operations email should come in as operations@domain.com, but now its coming
in as “requestor email"@domain.com. I looked through RT_Config and saw this
line Set($FriendlyFromLineFormat , “”#HELPDESK” <%s>");, but Im not sure
if that is what needs to be changed. Any help would be appreciated.
THanks.

Juan

Juan,

If the email is being sent from "within" the RT system AND the queue 

the correspondence is coming from has the correct email address, then
that should happen. WE have about 115 queues and they all have a unique
email address/alias. Howver, email that comes to RT from outside RT,
gets whatever it gets. that’s just “Email” as far as I know. There might
be a way to interdept email from outside RT and convert it, by why?
Maybe I do not understand your problem. Hope this helps.

Kenn
LBNLOn 9/26/2008 8:51 AM, Juan Mas wrote:

Im setting up some queues in RT and I need the e-mail address the emails
come from to be the correct queue email address. For example, the
Operations email should come in as operations@domain.com
mailto:operations@domain.com, but now its coming in as “requestor
email"@domain.com http://domain.com. I looked through RT_Config and
saw this line Set($FriendlyFromLineFormat , “”#HELPDESK” <%s>");, but
Im not sure if that is what needs to be changed. Any help would be
appreciated. THanks.

Juan



http://lists.bestpractical.com/cgi-bin/mailman/listinfo/rt-users

Community help: http://wiki.bestpractical.com
Commercial support: sales@bestpractical.com

Discover RT’s hidden secrets with RT Essentials from O’Reilly Media.
Buy a copy at http://rtbook.bestpractical.com

We have Watchers that might be on more than one queue. Right now, emails
sent to any queue all come back looking the same, as far as display name,
and email address, and subject. I figured that if you set up the reply
e-mail address for a queue’s configuration, that would be where the email
would come from. Id like for the Ops queue to have a from email of
operations@domain.com, and the helpdesk emails to be from
helpdesk@domain.com, and so on. If i send an email to operations@domain.com,
it works correctly, going to right the queue. But Id want the autoreply and
all other transactions to come from (at least visually) from
operations@domain.com, or it’s respective queue.On Fri, Sep 26, 2008 at 1:38 PM, Kenneth Crocker KFCrocker@lbl.gov wrote:

Juan,

   If the email is being sent from "within" the RT system AND the queue

the correspondence is coming from has the correct email address, then that
should happen. WE have about 115 queues and they all have a unique email
address/alias. Howver, email that comes to RT from outside RT, gets whatever
it gets. that’s just “Email” as far as I know. There might be a way to
interdept email from outside RT and convert it, by why? Maybe I do not
understand your problem. Hope this helps.

Kenn
LBNL

On 9/26/2008 8:51 AM, Juan Mas wrote:

Im setting up some queues in RT and I need the e-mail address the emails
come from to be the correct queue email address. For example, the
Operations email should come in as operations@domain.com <mailto:
operations@domain.com>, but now its coming in as “requestor email”@
domain.com http://domain.com. I looked through RT_Config and saw this
line Set($FriendlyFromLineFormat , “”#HELPDESK" <%s>");, but Im not sure
if that is what needs to be changed. Any help would be appreciated.
THanks.

Juan



http://lists.bestpractical.com/cgi-bin/mailman/listinfo/rt-users

Community help: http://wiki.bestpractical.com
Commercial support: sales@bestpractical.com

Discover RT’s hidden secrets with RT Essentials from O’Reilly Media. Buy a
copy at http://rtbook.bestpractical.com

Juan,

I'm really confused here. When you say "Watchers", do you mean 

SPECIFICALLY the Watcher role in RT or are you talking about people
"outside" RT sending in email to create tickets? Also,when you say “come
back looking the same” are you talking about emails sent to create
tickets that FAILED and came back to the sender or are you talking about
"Reply" email? There are 2 possible email address for a queue. Those
are where emails are "SENT TO’ RT. That is the address where “I would
send MY email to an RT queue” in order to create a ticket or reply to
correspondence that was sent to me “from that queue in RT”. That much
I’m pretty sure about, but heck, I’ve been wrong before. I’m not sure
you have your email configuration set up the way you need it to be or
expect it to be. Sorry, That’s about all I know on this subject.

Kenn
LBNLOn 9/26/2008 10:48 AM, Juan Mas wrote:

We have Watchers that might be on more than one queue. Right now,
emails sent to any queue all come back looking the same, as far as
display name, and email address, and subject. I figured that if you set
up the reply e-mail address for a queue’s configuration, that would be
where the email would come from. Id like for the Ops queue to have a
from email of operations@domain.com mailto:operations@domain.com, and
the helpdesk emails to be from helpdesk@domain.com
mailto:helpdesk@domain.com, and so on. If i send an email to
operations@domain.com mailto:operations@domain.com, it works
correctly, going to right the queue. But Id want the autoreply and all
other transactions to come from (at least visually) from
operations@domain.com mailto:operations@domain.com, or it’s respective
queue.

On Fri, Sep 26, 2008 at 1:38 PM, Kenneth Crocker <KFCrocker@lbl.gov mailto:KFCrocker@lbl.gov> wrote:

Juan,


       If the email is being sent from "within" the RT system AND
the queue the correspondence is coming from has the correct email
address, then that should happen. WE have about 115 queues and they
all have a unique email address/alias. Howver, email that comes to
RT from outside RT, gets whatever it gets. that's just "Email" as
far as I know. There might be a way to interdept email from outside
RT and convert it, by why? Maybe I do not understand your problem.
Hope this helps.


Kenn
LBNL

On 9/26/2008 8:51 AM, Juan Mas wrote:

    Im setting up some queues in RT and I need the e-mail address
    the emails come from to be the correct queue email address.  For
    example, the Operations email should come in as
    operations@domain.com <mailto:operations@domain.com>
    <mailto:operations@domain.com <mailto:operations@domain.com>>,
    but now its coming in as "requestor email"@domain.com
    <http://domain.com> <http://domain.com>.  I looked through
    RT_Config and saw this line Set($FriendlyFromLineFormat ,
    "\"#HELPDESK\" <%s>");, but Im not sure if that is what needs to
    be changed.  Any help would be appreciated.  THanks.

    Juan


    ------------------------------------------------------------------------

    _______________________________________________
    http://lists.bestpractical.com/cgi-bin/mailman/listinfo/rt-users

    Community help: http://wiki.bestpractical.com
    Commercial support: sales@bestpractical.com
    <mailto:sales@bestpractical.com>


    Discover RT's hidden secrets with RT Essentials from O'Reilly
    Media. Buy a copy at http://rtbook.bestpractical.com

Ok, Im sorry if I was unclear. I mean, the queue admins along with
requestors. Plain and simply, I want e-mails that go through the RT system
to have their own e-mail address per each queue.

If a ticket gets created/replied to/commented on for the Operations queue, I
want all correspondence to come from ‘operations@domain.com’, not from ‘
helpdesk@domain.com’ and not from ‘"joe user"@domain.com’. If its from the
Helpdesk queue, I want all e-mails to come from ‘helpdesk@domain.com’.

Right now, when I create a ticket in the Operations queue, I will get an
autoreply from #HELPDESK operations@domain.com If I reply to that email,
the reply address on the new email will then change to #HELPDESK <"Juan
Mas"@domain.com> , I want that to stay as ‘operations@domain.com’. Also, I
didnt mention this before but #HELPDESK is the display name in Exchange for
our helpdesk queue. So is #OPERATIONS, and so on. So I want emails to come
in with the reply address as being whatever queue it comes from. so
#OPERATIONS operations@domain.com, #HELPDESK helpdesk@domain.com would
remain constant for each queue.

Maybe Im totally just not getting it.On Fri, Sep 26, 2008 at 3:32 PM, Kenneth Crocker KFCrocker@lbl.gov wrote:

Juan,

   I'm really confused here. When you say "Watchers", do you mean

SPECIFICALLY the Watcher role in RT or are you talking about people
"outside" RT sending in email to create tickets? Also,when you say “come
back looking the same” are you talking about emails sent to create tickets
that FAILED and came back to the sender or are you talking about "Reply"
email? There are 2 possible email address for a queue. Those are where
emails are "SENT TO’ RT. That is the address where “I would send MY email to
an RT queue” in order to create a ticket or reply to correspondence that was
sent to me “from that queue in RT”. That much I’m pretty sure about, but
heck, I’ve been wrong before. I’m not sure you have your email configuration
set up the way you need it to be or expect it to be. Sorry, That’s about all
I know on this subject.

Kenn
LBNL

On 9/26/2008 10:48 AM, Juan Mas wrote:

We have Watchers that might be on more than one queue. Right now, emails
sent to any queue all come back looking the same, as far as display name,
and email address, and subject. I figured that if you set up the reply
e-mail address for a queue’s configuration, that would be where the email
would come from. Id like for the Ops queue to have a from email of
operations@domain.com mailto:operations@domain.com, and the helpdesk
emails to be from helpdesk@domain.com mailto:helpdesk@domain.com, and
so on. If i send an email to operations@domain.com <mailto:
operations@domain.com>, it works correctly, going to right the queue.
But Id want the autoreply and all other transactions to come from (at least
visually) from operations@domain.com mailto:operations@domain.com, or
it’s respective queue.

On Fri, Sep 26, 2008 at 1:38 PM, Kenneth Crocker <KFCrocker@lbl.gov<mailto: KFCrocker@lbl.gov>> wrote:

Juan,

      If the email is being sent from "within" the RT system AND

the queue the correspondence is coming from has the correct email
address, then that should happen. WE have about 115 queues and they
all have a unique email address/alias. Howver, email that comes to
RT from outside RT, gets whatever it gets. that’s just “Email” as
far as I know. There might be a way to interdept email from outside
RT and convert it, by why? Maybe I do not understand your problem.
Hope this helps.

Kenn
LBNL

On 9/26/2008 8:51 AM, Juan Mas wrote:

   Im setting up some queues in RT and I need the e-mail address
   the emails come from to be the correct queue email address.  For
   example, the Operations email should come in as
   operations@domain.com <mailto:operations@domain.com>
   <mailto:operations@domain.com <mailto:operations@domain.com>>,
   but now its coming in as "requestor email"@domain.com
   <http://domain.com> <http://domain.com>.  I looked through
   RT_Config and saw this line Set($FriendlyFromLineFormat ,
   "\"#HELPDESK\" <%s>");, but Im not sure if that is what needs to
   be changed.  Any help would be appreciated.  THanks.

   Juan

   _______________________________________________
   http://lists.bestpractical.com/cgi-bin/mailman/listinfo/rt-users

   Community help: http://wiki.bestpractical.com
   Commercial support: sales@bestpractical.com
   <mailto:sales@bestpractical.com>


   Discover RT's hidden secrets with RT Essentials from O'Reilly
   Media. Buy a copy at http://rtbook.bestpractical.com