Seeing old data after Postgres database migration

Hi all,

I am attempting to move from a Postgres 9.5 server (an AWS EC2 instance) to an AWS RDS managed Postgres 13 instance. I am able to migrate and validate that all tables and rows come over successfully. However, when I point my RT at the new instance, I see data from 7 weeks ago. Is there a cache file or table somewhere that I need to clear so as to see current data once the migration is completed?

Thank you,

Peter

You can clear the mason cache /opt/rt5/var/mason_data I am not sure if this would cache results from the DB though

Yeah, I’m somewhat skeptical that this is the cause, as the data I am seeing seems locked from the first time I initiated the database copy from old server to new is several weeks old, and the server has been restarted several times in the meantime. At the moment I’m leaning toward doing another migration and just a onetime cutover vs an ongoing replication.

Hi Peter,

What tool/process did you use to perform the postgres migration? I am looking at doing something similar.

Standard postgresql command line tools to dump and import.

I recently migrated my MySQL database from a self-managed server to an AWS RDS managed instance. The migration process went smoothly, and all tables and records were successfully transferred. However, when I redirected my application to the new RDS instance, I noticed that the data being displayed was not up-to-date. It seemed to be from a few weeks ago. I’m puzzled as to why the latest data is not reflecting in the new environment. Is there a caching mechanism or table that needs to be cleared or updated to ensure the display of current data post-migration? Regards

It sounds like you’ve made progress with your migration, but the data you’re seeing on your new AWS RDS managed Postgres 13 instance is outdated. In this situation, it’s less likely to be a cache issue and more likely related to data synchronization or configuration. Double-check your migration steps, ensure your replication process is up-to-date, and verify any time zone differences.