Searching for tickets with empty CF in RT 4.2.8

Hello,

I have some saved searches on my dashboard. Three of them are based on a Custom Field; one show tickets where the CF is set to X, one where CF is set to Y, and one is supposed to show tickets tagged with something other then X or Y.
To make the third search, I created the following search;
Queue = 'foo’
AND CF.{bar} != 'X’
AND CF.[bar] != 'Y’
AND (
Status = 'new’
OR Status = 'open’
OR Status = ‘stalled’ )

However, tickets marked with either X or Y are still appearing in the result. The same result was returned if i changed != to “NOT LIKE”, and if I removed either the X or Y part.

Is this a bug, is there something wrong with our RT instance or is there something I’ve overlooked?
The operator ‘IS’ works fine, but it would be nice if I didn’t have to change a query each time I updated a Custom Field…

Best regards,
Thomas Oddsund
SDS/USIT
University of Oslo

Hi Thomas,On Fri, Dec 9, 2016 at 4:53 AM, Thomas Oddsund thomas.oddsund@usit.uio.no wrote:

Hello,

I have some saved searches on my dashboard. Three of them are based on a Custom Field; one show tickets where the CF is set to X, one where CF is set to Y, and one is supposed to show tickets tagged with something other then X or Y.
To make the third search, I created the following search;
Queue = ‘foo’
AND CF.{bar} != ‘X’
AND CF.[bar] != ‘Y’
AND (
Status = ‘new’
OR Status = ‘open’
OR Status = ‘stalled’ )

However, tickets marked with either X or Y are still appearing in the result. The same result was returned if i changed != to “NOT LIKE”, and if I removed either the X or Y part.

Is this a bug, is there something wrong with our RT instance or is there something I’ve overlooked?

I’m not sure about answering this question, but you can search for
tickets with empty CF values using the Advanced editing option of a
Search:

‘CF.{bar}’ is null

-m

Hello,

Thanks for your response Matt. Unfortunately, that doesn’t help, as I have another search for that(new tickets doesn’t have any value in the CF, and the CF is set manually once the ticket is taken).

Best regards,
Thomas Oddsund
RT/SDS/USITFra: Matt Zagrabelny mzagrabe@d.umn.edu
Sendt: 9. desember 2016 15:23
Til: Thomas Oddsund
Kopi: rt-users@lists.bestpractical.com
Emne: Re: [rt-users] Searching for tickets with empty CF in RT 4.2.8

Hi Thomas,