Hi everyone! This is my first post to this list.
I just copied the rt home directory from an old RH7.3 server to a new
RHEL4 server and it was running 3.0.6. Here are the steps I took:
- Copied directory over
- Updated RT_SiteConfig.pm
- Dumped the database on the old server
- Ran make upgrade on new server from a 3.4.2 install directory
- Ran make initialize-database on new server.
- Deleted all the tables in the rt3 database
- Imported all the data from the dump of the old server into the new
server rt3 database
- Ran the 3 commands listed in README on each directory in etc/upgrade
for every version that is newer, which is all of them.
I was able to log in, search for tickets, make changes to tickets, and
everything else normally. All of my old tickets were there. Then I
noticed a problem.
When I submit a ticket via email, it submits fine and I get an
autoreply, however if I try to reply to a ticket from within rt, the
user never gets the email. At first I thought this was a mail server
configuration problem, but I looked at the /var/log/maillog as I tried
to reply, and nothing was sent. Also, my scrip for sending an email
when the ticket is resolved also does not work. It’s as though RT isn’t
trying to send the email. The new version of RT says that it records
the outgoing mail to the user for the autoreply, but says no such thing
for the replies or ticket resolutions. I don’t know if that behavior is
normal or indicative of the problem I’m experiencing.
Nothing is written to rt.log. Does anyone have an idea of what could be
Thanks in advance for any help you can provide.
Highland Clinic, APMC
smime.p7s (3.17 KB)