Sample code for create a ticket with a child ticket?

RT::Ticket mentions briefly the Refers-to and Referred-by methods, and stuff, but
I need to create Parent/Child tickets… (It also has Depends method and a Members method,
which I don’t know what it does).

Essentially, there are some tasks that we have that have 3-4 very consistent regular
steps. And what I’m hoping to do is create a method such that the user can enter
in minimal info, and have the parent ticket, and the 3 child tickets created, and
linked properly, with the individual child tasks int he right queue’s and such.

Creating the individual tickets is fine, but not sure how to link them together. I
think I have it figured out manually in teh database, but that would be lame, and
a few of the manuals say to not use these RT::Link functions from client code…

So if anybody has the 3 lines of code that links ticket 11111 as a child ticket
to 22222, it would be appreciated. (In perl… :slight_smile:

My bad, didn’t realize that MembersOf really mean Parent, thought it was some other
secret code thing to signifiy something that I didn’t understand.

But Ticket->Addlink works just peachy using MemberOf, and make the link in the
right spot.On Sun, Aug 04, 2002 at 12:14:49AM -0700, Jaye Mathisen wrote:

RT::Ticket mentions briefly the Refers-to and Referred-by methods, and stuff, but
I need to create Parent/Child tickets… (It also has Depends method and a Members method,
which I don’t know what it does).

Essentially, there are some tasks that we have that have 3-4 very consistent regular
steps. And what I’m hoping to do is create a method such that the user can enter
in minimal info, and have the parent ticket, and the 3 child tickets created, and
linked properly, with the individual child tasks int he right queue’s and such.

Creating the individual tickets is fine, but not sure how to link them together. I
think I have it figured out manually in teh database, but that would be lame, and
a few of the manuals say to not use these RT::Link functions from client code…

So if anybody has the 3 lines of code that links ticket 11111 as a child ticket
to 22222, it would be appreciated. (In perl… :slight_smile:

rt-users mailing list
rt-users@lists.fsck.com
http://lists.fsck.com/mailman/listinfo/rt-users

Have you read the FAQ? The RT FAQ Manager lives at http://fsck.com/rtfm