RTx::RightsMatrix and 4.0

Has anyone gotten the RightsMatrix extension to work correctly with RT4? Or is it so totally out of date that it won’t work and I shouldn’t bother?

I have tried installing it multiple ways (from package, hand-pasting files where I think they should go) but I can’t seem to convince it to work, and I’m finding the new methodology for rights assignment to be actually somewhat more cumbersome than it was in RT3.

I think all the bits are in place.
System configuration acknowledges that the perl module is loaded.
The html files (which I have to copy manually) are in the search path (/opt/rt4/local/html).
But the menu entry never shows up under Tools. And I’m not versed enough to determine how that’s supposed to be triggered.

Any thoughts?

Thanks,
-bacon

Has anyone gotten the RightsMatrix extension to work correctly with RT4? Or is it so totally out of date that it won’t work and I shouldn’t bother?

I have tried installing it multiple ways (from package, hand-pasting files where I think they should go) but I can’t seem to convince it to work, and I’m finding the new methodology for rights assignment to be actually somewhat more cumbersome than it was in RT3.

I think all the bits are in place.
System configuration acknowledges that the perl module is loaded.
The html files (which I have to copy manually) are in the search path (/opt/rt4/local/html).
But the menu entry never shows up under Tools. And I’m not versed enough to determine how that’s supposed to be triggered.

The way that menus work changed between RT3 and RT4, I suspect the
author needs to update the extension to work with RT4’s menus.

I’m not sure if our ACL changes will affect the internal workings of
the module, but the menu should be a straightforward fix.

-kevin