RT5 Full text indexing

Hi,

I am using RT5 and I am trying to get full text search on it. I followed this guide:

https://docs.bestpractical.com/rt/5.0.0/full_text_indexing.html

I am using mysql Ver 14.14 Distrib 5.7.30.
Initially after following the instructions the AttachmentsIndex table was created but it has 0 rows. I tried to run then /opt/rt5/sbin/rt-fulltext-indexer but found that the process ended very quickly and the table was still empty. So I made a search and found out that max_allowed_packet in mysql was set to 16M so I changed it to max_allowed_packet=64M and restarted mysql. Ran again /opt/rt5/sbin/rt-fulltext-indexer and this time if I try to run again /opt/rt5/sbin/rt-fulltext-indexer it will tell me that it is already running.

At this point a Content search will still deliver no results, the /opt/rt5/sbin/rt-fulltext-indexer is still running. My question is, do I have to wait for the rt-fulltext-indexer process to finish? Does this take long?

Thx in advance!

You can look at the table AttchmentsIndex to see if data is being populated by the indexer, how long it takes really depends on how much data you have! Once you do this “big” import you can just schedule the indexer in cron and it will only check new content

Hi knation,

It is still empty. There must be something wrong then.