RT5 Error on Ticket Update "Can't call method "Message" on an undefined value"

I updated to RT5 and now when attempting to update any ticket I get the following error from my log:

[227] [Fri Aug  7 16:45:16 2020] [error]: Can't call method "Message" on an undefined value at /opt/rt5/sbin/../lib/RT/Interface/Web.pm line 2442, <GEN197> line 169.

Stack:
  [/opt/rt5/sbin/../lib/RT/Interface/Web.pm:2442]
  [/opt/rt5/share/html/Ticket/ModifyAll.html:196]
  [/opt/rt5/share/html/Ticket/ModifyAll.html:199]
  [/opt/rt5/share/html/Ticket/autohandler:66]
  [/opt/rt5/sbin/../lib/RT/Interface/Web.pm:710]
  [/opt/rt5/sbin/../lib/RT/Interface/Web.pm:389]
  [/opt/rt5/share/html/autohandler:53] (/opt/rt5/sbin/../lib/RT/Interface/Web/Handler.pm:209)

For a bit of background, I tried upgrading to RT5 last week and thought it worked but didn’t try updating a ticket until now. When I updated, I backed up my old db at /opt/rt4/var/rt4, updated to the new version, and copied my old db from rt4 into this new setup at /opt/rt5/var/rt5 - I think I may have broke something while doing that. Anybody know how I can fix this?

I am running it in a docker container by the way.

I am not familiar with Docker and RT.

updated to the new version, and copied my old db from rt4 into this new setup at /opt/rt5/var/rt5 -

Is the /opt/rt5/var/rt5 a database file or the RT source code?

Thanks for your response, I am not really sure, I thought that /opt/rt5/var/rt5 is where the database file is.

Now I am thinking I missed doing the database upgrade but cannot find clear information anywhere about what I need to do for that. in the upgradeing to RT 5.0.0 documentation they just say " import your existing database and run the database upgrade steps using make upgrade-database." Do you know where I can find somewhere that says what the “database upgrade steps” are?

Have you done the RT5 update knation?

On my RT I upgraded from 4.4 -> 5