RT4 and GIT; RT4 and Eclipse

1. Re: GIT <-> RT4 integration:
    —Does anyone know of a way to tie a “commit” (in GIT) to a ticket in RT4, by putting an RT ticket # in the commit (and, ideally, back to the code)?

2. Does anyone know of a way to connect Eclipse and RT4 (mylin used to do this with an older version of RT)?

Thanks!
Lisa :slight_smile:

Lisa Tomalty
Information Systems & Technology/Arts Computing Office

MC 2052/PAS 2023
University of Waterloo
Waterloo, Ontario, Canada
MC2025/PAS1083
(519) 888-4567 X35873
ltomalty@uwaterloo.camailto:ltomalty@uwaterloo.ca

1. Re: GIT <-> RT4 integration:
    —Does anyone know of a way to tie a “commit” (in GIT) to a ticket in RT4, by putting an RT ticket # in the commit (and, ideally, back to the code)?

Git has hooks where you can call specific scripts at different stages in the commit process. You should be able to use a post-commit hook to “poke at RT” and do what you need.

1. Does anyone know of a way to connect Eclipse and RT4 (mylin used to do this with an older version of RT)?

Not familiar with either of those, so I can’t be of much help here.

University of Waterloo

Go Warriors!

Thanks,
Jok

1. Re: GIT ↔ RT4 integration:
    —Does anyone know of a way to tie a �commit� (in GIT) to a ticket in RT4, by putting an RT ticket # in the commit (and, ideally, back to the code)?

Git has hooks where you can call specific scripts at different stages in the commit process. You should be able to use a post-commit hook to “poke at RT” and do what you need.

1. Does anyone know of a way to connect Eclipse and RT4 (mylin used to do this with an older version of RT)?

Not familiar with either of those, so I can’t be of much help here.

University of Waterloo

Go Warriors!

Thanks,
Jok

RT::Integration::SVN is a start but has some significant limitations.
I took a look at a year or so ago.

Jeff