After a long time using rt 1.0.7 I took a look at upgrading to RT2. At
the time there were too many dependencies to want to try it, but this
week I decided to take the plunge.
I was going to go all the way to RT3 but didn’t see an upgrade path
directly, so I installed RT2 first, got it working, then upgraded to RT3.
I followed someone else’s trick of running a separate httpd so that I
could run RT2 and RT3 simultaneously. I have not made any changes other
than deleting some of the scrips in RT3 and adding a couple of test
tickets in RT2. My database is small, about 1700 tickets, a dozen users
and 8 queues
I read all the articles in the “RT 3.0 Speed” thread with interest,
because I have the same problem. RT3 is much slower than RT2. I tweaked
my InnoDB options (still bad), I converted the rt3 tables to MyISAM
(still bad), I made sure I had the latest version of DBIx::SearchBuilder
(0.82) (already had it). RT3 is still significantly slower.
So – I’m looking forward to the resolution of this little issue so I can
start using rt3!
http://www.fastmail.fm - Or how I learned to stop worrying and
love email again