Rt2-to-rt3 upgrade problem

Hello

I am using the latest rt2-to-rt3 tool, and my RT3 version is: 3-0-5.

While upgrading the rt2-to-dumpfile proceeds well, but using
dumpfile-to-rt-3.0 errors out like this:

Storable binary image v2.4 more recent than I am (v1.0) at
blib/lib/Storable.pm (autosplit into blib/lib/auto/Storable/retrieve.al)
line 203, at ./dumpfile-to-rt-3.0 line 489
Ticket files could not be loaded at (eval 1813) line 1.

Wonder where I should look for solving this.

Thanks
Hari

Hariharan Gopalan
203, Hampton Lee Ct., 2B
Cary, NC 27513
Ph: 919 677 9447

You are trying to dump on one machine and then restore on another. Am I
right?
If so you’ve got different Storable versions which are binary incompatible.
perldoc Storable
workarounds:

1. do dump-to-rt3 on the same computer where you’ve done rt2-to-dump

2. Upgrade Storable to same version on both

Good luck. Ruslan.
    Hariharan wrote:

Thanks Ruslan

You are absolutely right!! smart work!

I did upgrade the storable.pm on the rt2 server and then did a dump,
still the same problem, wonder if I should be restarting the server???,
but that does not sound logical, rt2-to-dumpfile should not care about
the
webserver…

how can I check what location / version of storable.pm rt2-to-dumpfile
is using??

Thanks again for the help
Hari

> You are trying to dump on one machine and then restore on another. Am > I right? > If so you've got different Storable versions which are binary > incompatible. perldoc Storable > workarounds: > 1) do dump-to-rt3 on the same computer where you've done rt2-to-dump > 2) Upgrade Storable to same version on both > > Good luck. Ruslan. > Hariharan wrote: > >>Hello >> >>I am using the latest rt2-to-rt3 tool, and my RT3 version is: 3-0-5. >> >>While upgrading the rt2-to-dumpfile proceeds well, but using >>dumpfile-to-rt-3.0 errors out like this: >> >> >>Storable binary image v2.4 more recent than I am (v1.0) at >>blib/lib/Storable.pm (autosplit into >> blib/lib/auto/Storable/retrieve.al) line 203, at ./dumpfile-to-rt-3.0 line 489 >>Ticket files could not be loaded at (eval 1813) line 1. >> >>Wonder where I should look for solving this. >> >>Thanks >>Hari >> >> >>Hariharan Gopalan >>203, Hampton Lee Ct., 2B >>Cary, NC 27513 >>Ph: 919 677 9447 >> >> >> >>_______________________________________________ >>rt-users mailing list >>rt-users@lists.fsck.com >>http://lists.fsck.com/mailman/listinfo/rt-users >> >>Have you read the FAQ? The RT FAQ Manager lives at >> http://fsck.com/rtfm >>

Hariharan Gopalan
203, Hampton Lee Ct., 2B
Cary, NC 27513

Hariharan Gopalan
203, Hampton Lee Ct., 2B
Cary, NC 27513

Hariharan wrote:

Thanks Ruslan

You are absolutely right!! smart work!

I did upgrade the storable.pm on the rt2 server and then did a dump,

Sorry, but I’ve done misstake. Your rt3 server know only v1.0 Storable
format when your rt2 have Storable that use v2.4

still the same problem, wonder if I should be restarting the server???,
but that does not sound logical, rt2-to-dumpfile should not care about
the
webserver…

You don’t need to restart web server

how can I check what location / version of storable.pm rt2-to-dumpfile
is using??

You could know Storable version with this command:
perl -e ‘use Storable; print Storable->VERSION.“\n”;’

Hi Ruslan

Splendid! thanks a bunch, this worked like a charm!!

Another quick quesion, if I run rt2-to-dumpfile for getting the
incremental tickets, and if there are tickets overlapping, will it cause
problems?

Thanks again
Hari

> Hariharan wrote: > >>Thanks Ruslan >> >>You are absolutely right!! smart work! >> >>I did upgrade the storable.pm on the rt2 server and then did a dump, >> > Sorry, but I've done misstake. Your rt3 server know only v1.0 Storable > format when your rt2 have Storable that use v2.4 > >>still the same problem, wonder if I should be restarting the >> server???, >> but that does not sound logical, rt2-to-dumpfile should not care >> about the >>webserver... >> > You don't need to restart web server > >> >>how can I check what location / version of storable.pm rt2-to-dumpfile >> is using?? >> > You could know Storable version with this command: > perl -e 'use Storable; print Storable->VERSION."\n";' > >> >>Thanks again for the help >>Hari >> >> >> >> >>>You are trying to dump on one machine and then restore on another. Am >>> I >>> >>> >>right? >> >> >>>If so you've got different Storable versions which are binary >>>incompatible. perldoc Storable >>>workarounds: >>>1) do dump-to-rt3 on the same computer where you've done rt2-to-dump >>> 2) >>> >>> >>Upgrade Storable to same version on both >> >> >>> Good luck. Ruslan. >>>Hariharan wrote: >>> >>> >>> >>>>Hello >>>> >>>>I am using the latest rt2-to-rt3 tool, and my RT3 version is: 3-0-5. >>>> >>>>While upgrading the rt2-to-dumpfile proceeds well, but using >>>>dumpfile-to-rt-3.0 errors out like this: >>>> >>>> >>>>Storable binary image v2.4 more recent than I am (v1.0) at >>>>blib/lib/Storable.pm (autosplit into >>>>blib/lib/auto/Storable/retrieve.al) line 203, at >>>> ./dumpfile-to-rt-3.0 >>>> >>>> >>line 489 >> >> >>>>Ticket files could not be loaded at (eval 1813) line 1. >>>> >>>>Wonder where I should look for solving this. >>>> >>>>Thanks >>>>Hari >>>> >>>> >>>>Hariharan Gopalan >>>>203, Hampton Lee Ct., 2B >>>>Cary, NC 27513 >>>>Ph: 919 677 9447 >>>> >>>> >>>> >>>>_______________________________________________ >>>>rt-users mailing list >>>>rt-users@lists.fsck.com >>>>http://lists.fsck.com/mailman/listinfo/rt-users >>>> >>>>Have you read the FAQ? The RT FAQ Manager lives at >>>>http://fsck.com/rtfm >>>> >>>> >>>> >> >> >>Hariharan Gopalan >>203, Hampton Lee Ct., 2B >>Cary, NC 27513 >>Ph: 919 677 9447 >> >> >>Hariharan Gopalan >>203, Hampton Lee Ct., 2B >>Cary, NC 27513 >>Ph: 919 677 9447 >> >> >> >> >> > > > _______________________________________________ > rt-users mailing list > rt-users@lists.fsck.com > http://lists.fsck.com/mailman/listinfo/rt-users > > Have you read the FAQ? The RT FAQ Manager lives at > http://fsck.com/rtfm

Hariharan Gopalan
203, Hampton Lee Ct., 2B
Cary, NC 27513