RT tracker doesn't seem to be creating ticket when gettting a request

When whoever sends an email to the support email address, the email is directly received at the outlook email address, our support email address(setup as POP), but RT tracker doesn’t automatically create the ticket in RT tracker and the requestor don’t get a reply for it.
Now interestingly, as soon as I execute this command on the server “sudo fetchmail -f /etc/fetchmailrc”, RT tracker, creates the job in the system and send an auto-reply back to the requestor. For example, I had a few requests and as soon as ran the command, RT created the pending jobs.

Does anyone know how to fix this, so I don’t have to run “sudo fetchmail -f /etc/fetchmailrc” to find out how many requests have gone through?

Happy to look at the email configuration, but all seems right…

I appreciate your help.

Thanks,

Pipa

Copy of my server reply when ran the command “sudo fetchmail -f /etc/fetchmailrc”

2 messages for test2303@outlook.com at outlook.office365.com (316632 octets).
HTTP request failed: 500 Internal Server Error. Your webserver logs may have more information or there may be a network problem.
fetchmail: MDA returned nonzero status 75
reading message test2303@outlook.com@SYD-efz.ms-acdc.office.com:1 of 2 (173586 octets) not flushed
reading message test2303@outlook.com@SYD-efz.ms-acdc.office.com:2 of 2 (143046 octets) flushed

Do you have cron rubbing that command or fetchmail setup in daemon mode?

Hi Knation,

I don’t know in what mode, but I have fetchmail setup with the POP outlook account. Is there something else that I need setup?

Understood that now. I have cronned this with fetch and it works.

The issue I’m having now is that when assigning the job to a person with an email, it doesn’t send an email to that person. Also, if I cc someone on the ticket that email doesn’t go anywhere.

How do fix this issue? is there setting within RT?

Thanks.

Pipa.

Hey, i have some issue with that can anyone suggest i can’t get the answer.

When you say “it doesn’t send an email to that person” do you mean it generates an email but that doesnt’ get to the mail server, or do you mean that RT never tries to generate the email? In the latter case, make sure you have a scrip and template set up for the particular condition (for example “On Owner Change”).