Kevin Falcone ha scritto:On Wed, Jun 18, 2014 at 10:32:52AM +0000, Guadagnino Cristiano wrote:
the script that I am running comes from here:
You can find a reference to this script on Wikia too:
Have you considered asking the author about your problems?
No, not until now.
I was not sure if it was a “user error” or a program error, so I wrote to this list to seek other users of this script.
The message “Recipient names must be specified” does not come from the
script itself, I guess it is coming from sendmail.
Unfortunately a google search, while finding a few hits, did not turn up
to be enlightening.
This implies nothing is being passed to sendmail correctly.
Show a debug output, especially the part where it shows how it calls
sendmail and what it passes.
I think I found out the problem. I am reporting it here just for documentation if someone has the same problem in the future.
This is an example of invoking “rt-remind -A -d” (i.e. with the debug flag activated):
====== Would call ‘/usr/lib/sendmail -oi’ with this input:
Content-Type: text/plain; charset=“ISO-8859-15”
From: RT Reminder email@example.com:firstname.lastname@example.org
To: “Cristiano Guadagnino” email@example.com:firstname.lastname@example.org
Subject: Outstanding RT tickets
This is a summary of all open, new, stalled or future tickets assigned to:
“Cristiano Guadagnino” email@example.com:firstname.lastname@example.org
Id Status Pri Created Subject
50993 stalled 50 Thu 09-05-13 I: Quadrivio RMBS 2013 - Analisi storiche - Aggiornamento Aprile 2013
As you can see, it would call “/usr/lib/sendmail -oi”. I found out that it should be calling “/usr/lib/sendmail -t -oi” so that sendmail picks the address of the recipient from the message itself. Otherwise, sendmail expects to find the address of the recipient as a command-line argument.
The strange this is that it gets the command line from RT configuration (you can see it at line 136 of the script), and RT is sending emails corectly.
And even stranger is the fact that this script has worked for years.
However, I solved the problem amending the script to add “-t” to the command line. Since this is not part of the core product, I guess we can consider this solved.