Jeremy Gude
Database / Peoplesoft Administrator
UMBC Division of Information Technology
Business Systems Group
EMAIL: jeremy@umbc.edu
MOBILE: 443.904.5970
PHONE: 410.455.8660

Hi all,
I am having the same problem as Jeremy here. Nobody replied since january… can somebody help please?

We just added some queues to out RT installation; these queues are to be used by an entirely new set of users, and we need then to have a different subject tag.

If I understand correctly, the default subject tag is taken by the $rtname variable. So I changed the “subject tag” field in the queues, which was previously unset. RT tells me it has saved the value, but if I reenter the queue configuration panel I see mixed results: sometimes I see “subject tag” field empty, and sometimes I see it populated with what I have set.
The behaviour also seems to be unconsistent: sometimes it uses the subject tag I have set, sometimes (90% of times) it uses the $rtname.

I have looked at the database (MySQL here), and I also see that the only place where the value is apparently stored is in the “attributes” table.

Is this a known bug?

Jeremy, did you find out anything new?

Thank you in advance
Cris

-----Messaggio originale-----
Da: rt-users-bounces@lists.bestpractical.com [mailto:rt-users-bounces@lists.bestpractical.com] Per conto di jeremy
Inviato: martedì 13 gennaio 2009 15.59
A: rt-users@lists.bestpractical.com
Oggetto: [rt-users] RT Queue Subject Tag problem

Hello,

We have RT 3.8.1 installed with Oracle 10.2.0.3 as the database. When
we modify a subject tag in the Queue definition and hit save we get the
confirmation that the data was changed and it looks good. If we then,
from the left navigation pane, click on the select link under Queues,
then click through to that Queue definition we run into a problem. The
old data shows up, or sometimes even older data, from 3 data changes
ago for example. I noticed that this particular field in the database is
stored as an Oracle CLOB in the ATTRIBUTES table. Anyone have any ideas
on what could be causing this behavior?

Thanks in advance,

Jeremy Gude

Jeremy Gude
Database / Peoplesoft Administrator
UMBC Division of Information Technology
Business Systems Group
EMAIL: jeremy@umbc.edu
MOBILE: 443.904.5970
PHONE: 410.455.8660

http://lists.bestpractical.com/cgi-bin/mailman/listinfo/rt-users

Community help: http://wiki.bestpractical.com
Commercial support: sales@bestpractical.com

Discover RT’s hidden secrets with RT Essentials from O’Reilly Media.
Buy a copy at http://rtbook.bestpractical.com

Hi all,
I am having the same problem as Jeremy here. Nobody replied since january… can somebody help please?

We just added some queues to out RT installation; these queues are to be used by an entirely new set of users, and we need then to have a different subject tag.

If I understand correctly, the default subject tag is taken by the $rtname variable. So I changed the “subject tag” field in the queues, which was previously unset. RT tells me it has saved the value, but if I reenter the queue configuration panel I see mixed results: sometimes I see “subject tag” field empty, and sometimes I see it populated with what I have set.
The behaviour also seems to be unconsistent: sometimes it uses the subject tag I have set, sometimes (90% of times) it uses the $rtname.

I have looked at the database (MySQL here), and I also see that the only place where the value is apparently stored is in the “attributes” table.

Is this a known bug?

It’s an interaction with the ExtractSubjectTag scrip. I believe that
if you add all your subject tags to ExtractSubjectTagMatch in
RT_SiteConfig, that will take care of it. I also Thought this was
sorted out for 3.8.3, but someone who actually had code in the release
can likely correct me on that :wink:

Hi Jesse!
First of all, thank you for your response.

Unfortunately, it seems it is not working.
On a test system (RT 3.8.2) we have two “incoming” queues: DBA and SCHEDU. I have set the subject tag for the DBA queue as “DBA”, while the subject tag for the SCHEDU queue is “SCHD”.

In the RT_SiteConfig i have:

Set($rtname , “SCHEDULAZIONE”);
Set($ExtractSubjectTagMatch, qr/[(?:DBA|SCHD) #\d+]/);

I have restarted apache, then I created a test ticket in both queues (using the “quick ticket creation” panel). BOTH of these ticket came out as having [SCHEDULAZIONE #nnnn] in the subject of the email, i.e. they both have the $rtname instead of the intended subject tag.

We are running 3.8.2 both in production and in test. Is this a show-stopper? Should we upgrade to 3.8.3 to have the functionality? Or am I misunderstanding the intended behaviour of the subject tag setting?

Thank you in advance!

Bye
Cris

Da: Jesse Vincent [mailto:jesse@bestpractical.com]
Inviato: venerdì 29 maggio 2009 22.59
A: Guadagnino Cristiano
Oggetto: Re: [rt-users] R: RT Queue Subject Tag problemOn Fri, May 29, 2009 at 12:22:15PM +0200, Guadagnino Cristiano wrote:

Hi all,

Is this a known bug?

Can you please test on 3.8.3?On Wed, Jun 03, 2009 at 10:30:27AM +0200, Guadagnino Cristiano wrote:

Hi Jesse!

On a test system (RT 3.8.2) we have two “incoming” queues: DBA and SCHEDU. I have set the subject tag for the DBA queue as “DBA”, while the subject tag for the SCHEDU queue is “SCHD”.

I have restarted apache, then I created a test ticket in both queues (using the “quick ticket creation” panel). BOTH of these ticket came out as having [SCHEDULAZIONE #nnnn] in the subject of the email, i.e. they both have the $rtname instead of the intended subject tag.

We are running 3.8.2 both in production and in test. Is this a show-stopper? Should we upgrade to 3.8.3 to have the functionality? Or am I misunderstanding the intended behaviour of the subject tag setting?

Thank you in advance!

Bye
Cris

Cc: rt-users@lists.bestpractical.com; jeremy@umbc.edu
Oggetto: Re: [rt-users] R: RT Queue Subject Tag problem

On Fri, May 29, 2009 at 12:22:15PM +0200, Guadagnino Cristiano wrote:

Hi all,

Is this a known bug?

Jesse,
after Jeremy’s last email I upgraded our test system to 3.8.3, and the feature is now working perfectly. The web configuration UI sometimes still fails to show the subject tag, though.

Thank you for your help!

Bye
Cris

Inviato: mercoledì 3 giugno 2009 15.44
Oggetto: Re: R: [rt-users] R: RT Queue Subject Tag problem

Can you please test on 3.8.3?On Wed, Jun 03, 2009 at 10:30:27AM +0200, Guadagnino Cristiano wrote:

Hi Jesse!

Thank you in advance!

Bye
Cris

Cc: rt-users@lists.bestpractical.com; jeremy@umbc.edu
Oggetto: Re: [rt-users] R: RT Queue Subject Tag problem

On Fri, May 29, 2009 at 12:22:15PM +0200, Guadagnino Cristiano wrote:

Hi all,

Is this a known bug?