At Thursday 12/29/2005 09:25 AM, Duncan Shannon wrote:
I have now removed the Saved Search displays on the Home page (by
removing the quips from index.html (and resorted back to the orig
version) and my problems seem to have cleared up.
What is it with the Saved Searches that is going awry (especially all of
the sudden… nothing should have changed w/r/t my saved searches other
than the following to chances: 1) I added the text based priorities
(high/low etc) which I cant imagine affected the Saved Searches (and I
subsequently rolled the changes back assuming it didn’t touch the DB)
and 2) I added a couple of saved searches that I think are pretty non
exciting, other than I am now using “LastUpdated < 7 days ago”. Could
that be part of it?
I saw the thread on rt-devel
And it must be happening to a few people.
I’d really like to help out how ever I can (that applies to all things
Please I hope someone is reading this and can offer some advise on how
to fix my problem AND/OR how to help out with RT.
I don’t believe the cause of this error (identified by the message
"RT::Attribute::Name Unimplemented in RT::Attributes) has been definitely
identified - it seems to be somewhere deep in the code that retrieves
attributes for an object. Because Saved Searches are stored as user
attributes, the error is often seen when working with them. We’ve seen the
error with attribute settings other than saved searches that we’ve added to
RT ourselves - I wouldn’t spend time worrying about whether specific saved
search criteria have caused a problem.
A fix that we tried (suggested by Jesse) was to upgrade to the latest
DBIx::SearchBuilder (we are now at 1.36) and to remove one line of code
$field = $self->_Accessible($field, “column”) if
This seems to have gotten rid of the problem for us - however, I
personally don’t understand what the omission of the code changes and so I
don’t understand why this fix works. It’s not clear that this will
guarantee a solution to the problem, so if you try it I strongly recommend
trying it on a test/devel setup first, and if you try it in production,
make sure you can easily back the change out if you need to.
Good luck -