Rt-client ruby gem update

I have shamelessly and unapologetically stolen Robert Vinson’s excellent work on his fork, for the most part. I did refactor slightly to maintain compatibility with the previous API, but otherwise it’s identical and pushed as rt-client 0.6.0. It is working for me on ruby 1.9.3p374 on Windows and ruby 1.8.3p327 on Linux, which is what I need for right now.

The prerequisites for the gem have been whittled down to a single other gem, rest_client. So as long as that works on ruby 2.0, I see no reason why rt-client 0.6.0 won’t either.

If anyone has issues with rt-client 0.6.0 on any version of ruby or any platform, please let me know directly at toml@dmsolutions.com. Unfortunately I don’t have time to read rt-users as frequently as I’d like.

Tom

This e-mail message is confidential and is intended solely for the use of the addressee(s) named above. If you are not the intended recipient, or the person responsible to deliver it to the recipient, you are hereby advised that any dissemination, distribution or copying of this communication is prohibited. If you have received this e-mail in error, please notify the sender by return e-mail. Thank you.

Tom,

Thanks for the updated rt-client, i will be testing this in the next few weeks.

Thanks,

EliOn Jul 4, 2013, at 7:05 PM, “Tom Lahti” tlahti@dmsolutions.com wrote:

I have shamelessly and unapologetically stolen Robert Vinson’s excellent work on his fork, for the most part. I did refactor slightly to maintain compatibility with the previous API, but otherwise it’s identical and pushed as rt-client 0.6.0. It is working for me on ruby 1.9.3p374 on Windows and ruby 1.8.3p327 on Linux, which is what I need for right now.

The prerequisites for the gem have been whittled down to a single other gem, rest_client. So as long as that works on ruby 2.0, I see no reason why rt-client 0.6.0 won’t either.

If anyone has issues with rt-client 0.6.0 on any version of ruby or any platform, please let me know directly at toml@dmsolutions.com. Unfortunately I don’t have time to read rt-users as frequently as I’d like.

Tom

This e-mail message is confidential and is intended solely for the use of the addressee(s) named above. If you are not the intended recipient, or the person responsible to deliver it to the recipient, you are hereby advised that any dissemination, distribution or copying of this communication is prohibited. If you have received this e-mail in error, please notify the sender by return e-mail. Thank you.

Wow did I mess up.

Robert Vinson’s fork did not have all the methods reproduced, and I didn’t notice. 0.6.0 is almost unusable as a result, if you used anything beyond the couple of methods implemented there.

I’ve re-introduced all the missing methods back into 0.6.1 and pushed it. Please let me know if there’s any issues.

Tom LahtiOn Jul 4, 2013, at 5:09 PM, Tom Lahti tlahti@dmsolutions.com wrote: