RT CLI enhancement?

Hi there developers,

We’d like to be able to create a ticket using the cli, but specify a parent ticket. (would also be useful for the cli to return the ticket numer as a variable after adding a ticket for use in a script). We’re currently running 2.0.12

Is this possible in the current CLI?
Could the current CLI be modified to support this (possibly willing to pay)
Is it possible in a different version (2.1.x?) that I could use?

This is going back to something that there were some discussions about ages ago about getting soem funding for a project management interface (although I think this kind of died).

I don’t want the full functionality of a PM interface, but I do want to be able to create a perante ticket with a bunch of child tickets from a web form. As I don’t understand how the MASON stuff works in RT I though it would be easier for me to create a master ticket and then use a PERL script to create the subtickets referring to the master ticket using the CLI interface - unfortunately I bumped into the problem where I can’t set the parent ticket using the CLI.

Regards,

Derek…

Derek Fage (lists account)[1].vcf (170 Bytes)

Derek Fage (lists account)[1].vcf (170 Bytes)

We’d like to be able to create a ticket using the cli, but specify a
parent ticket.

I think you want:

–member-of=+$parentid

(darren)

How you look depends on where you go.

Thanks Darren,

This only works when amending a current ticket, and will not work when creating a new ticket (which is what I was after).

Thanks,

Derek…

---- Message from darren chamberlain darren@boston.com at 09:29:30 2002-08-30 ------

Derek Fage (lists account).vcf (169 Bytes)