RT 4.4 - Four questions

Hello there.

Just updated our RT to 4.4, smoothly as normal regarding RT. However, at a meeting with the customer service representatives at our office, I got some questions to try to resolve.

1: Move signature to the top (basically to reverse the messages from newest on top not only in the History view but also inline replys), I have tried “SignatureToTheTop” from the wiki and also FlexibleSignature as good as that article could be matched but no luck.

2: HTML Signatures is it possible to get working? (including logo, links and formatting etc)?
3: Is it possible to disable comments, or in RT 4.4 get them to work as replies? (seen old discussions about it but no new ones).
4: When replying the WYSIWYGEditor shows the field to write with a red/pink hue, is it possible to change that to not be red-ish? (Counter intuitive to see red colour where you can write… A matter of education I know, but there is a point in it.)

We are implementing RT4.4 in to a customer service organization as a test to see if RT is good enough to work with existing systems and what kind of integration level that can be achieved.

Thanks a lot for any assistance regarding this.

Kind regards, Joel T3 Sweden

[Beskrivning: T3]http://www.t3.se/

JOEL BERGMARK
Thirdline support
joel.bergmark@t3.semailto:joel.bergmark@t3.se | www.t3.sehttp://www.t3.se/
[Beskrivning: T3]http://www.facebook.com/pages/Telecom3-Sverige-AB/126032287454737

Hello there.

Just updated our RT to 4.4, smoothly as normal regarding RT. However, at a
meeting with the customer service representatives at our office, I got some
questions to try to resolve.

1: Move signature to the top (basically to reverse the messages from
newest on top not only in the History view but also inline replys), I have
tried “SignatureToTheTop” from the wiki and also FlexibleSignature as good
as that article could be matched but no luck.

2: HTML Signatures is it possible to get working? (including logo, links
and formatting etc)?

3: Is it possible to disable comments, or in RT 4.4 get them to work as
replies? (seen old discussions about it but no new ones).

Via the ACL’ing. Yes, it should be.

4: When replying the WYSIWYGEditor shows the field to write with a
red/pink hue, is it possible to change that to not be red-ish? (Counter
intuitive to see red colour where you can write… A matter of education I
know, but there is a point in it.)

CSS perhaps. Under the admin pages there is a location where you can
customize the logo/CSS of the RT install. I’d look there.

-m

Thanks for the suggestions, managed to find the CSS here: /opt/rt4/share/static/css/base/ticket-form.css
And will look in to the ACL-stuff.

I found this: Carbon60: Cloud Consulting - Services and Solutions but I’m not sure if or how to make this work with RT4.4. Tried to edit the files involved but looks like there are something extra needed to get it working.

Also noticed that to turn off Signatures via MessageBoxIncludeSignature set to 0, cleared mason and restars apache after every attempt.

Regards, Joel

Från: Matt Zagrabelny [mailto:mzagrabe@d.umn.edu]
Skickat: den 17 februari 2016 18:07
Till: Joel Bergmark joel.bergmark@t3.se
Kopia: rt-users@lists.bestpractical.com
Ämne: Re: [rt-users] RT 4.4 - Four questionsOn Wed, Feb 17, 2016 at 10:42 AM, Joel Bergmark <joel.bergmark@t3.semailto:joel.bergmark@t3.se> wrote:
Hello there.

Just updated our RT to 4.4, smoothly as normal regarding RT. However, at a meeting with the customer service representatives at our office, I got some questions to try to resolve.

1: Move signature to the top (basically to reverse the messages from newest on top not only in the History view but also inline replys), I have tried “SignatureToTheTop” from the wiki and also FlexibleSignature as good as that article could be matched but no luck.

2: HTML Signatures is it possible to get working? (including logo, links and formatting etc)?
3: Is it possible to disable comments, or in RT 4.4 get them to work as replies? (seen old discussions about it but no new ones).

Via the ACL’ing. Yes, it should be.

4: When replying the WYSIWYGEditor shows the field to write with a red/pink hue, is it possible to change that to not be red-ish? (Counter intuitive to see red colour where you can write… A matter of education I know, but there is a point in it.)

CSS perhaps. Under the admin pages there is a location where you can customize the logo/CSS of the RT install. I’d look there.

-m