RT 4.4.3beta1 is now available for testing. The list of changes included with this release is below. We welcome any feedback or bug reports on this beta release.
(For long-time RT testers, this release is the same as what we previously called a release candidate. We have decided to change to “beta” since that has become a more familiar term for early release software.)
General user UI
- Show the Ticket’s Subject when modifying the ticket.
- Re-format RT/Config.pm so the
# loccomment parses correctly.
- Sort saved searches alphabetically by name rather than by id.
- In Self Service, provide a path to remove attachments from the session
when they are deleted from dropzone by the user (I#32663).
- Fix evaluation of set vs. unset custom fields on display for correct hiding.
- Set dropzone attachment size based on RT’s MaxAttachmentSize configuration.
- Add a configuration option TreatAttachedEmailAsFiles to treat attached email
as a file attachment instead of parsing as regular email.
- Restore email header parsing for items like email addresses when
TreatAttachedEmailAsFiles is not set. This was disabled in a previous
- Respect default queue settings in Create linked ticket dropdown (I#32884).
- More fixes for recipient checkboxes on update. This version removes previous
problematic fixes and gives a visual indication (shading) when RT is updating
recipients in the background and checkboxes should not be changed (I#33027).
- Provide a way to reset personal search preferences back to the RT system
- Add an Untake action to the Actions tab.
- Add active and inactive status to query builder.
- Re-add Queue to ‘Order by’ dropdown in Search Builder.
- Make admin searches for queue and group case insensitive making it easier to
- When editing ticket basics, always add valid default value to queue selection,
taking into account SeeQueue rights.
- Set dropzone parallelUploads to 1 to avoid losing attachments. Also
set parallelUploads when the dropzone object is created.
- Correct error messages on user rights for CF admin UI.
- In ticket history, respect ShowHeaders option from request for
- Fix ExtraArgs of callback ExtraShowHistoryArguments in ScrollShowHistory.
- In the ticket history with scroll set, continue to get transactions until all
have been shown, even if a block has been hidden for some reason (rights, etc.).
- Add PreferDropzone config/pref option for users. Dropzone is not accessible
to screen readers and this enables the previous attachments interface which
- In the query builder, set operator to “IS” or “IS NOT” for NULL values.
This fixes a regression from pre-4.4 RT behavior.
- Don’t create ticket if user clicks “Go” buttons of “Include Article”.
- Fix CF name escape for asset search’s spreadsheet download.
- Show the user in single member custom roles even if the user is
- Stop wrapping ShowUser in tags to avoid unnecessary nested links.
- When listing group members, sort by text-only representation of the
user, not HTML (I#30771)
- In the group admin page, stop pre-computing ShowUser.
- In shredder, check for both id and name mismatches when loading objects.
- Add a new rt-passwd command to make it easy to reset passwords on the
- Support custom roles in RT serializer/importer tools.
- Support catalogs and assets in RT serializer/importer tools.
- Update RT’s module dependencies for SSL (https) to align with updates
to the CPAN module ecosystem.
- Add age, batchsize, and dry-run options to rt-externalize-attachments.
- Set proper HTTP Status codes on Abort.
- The value for converting the owner dropdown to an autocomplete textbox can
now be updated in configuration with DropdownMenuLimit.
- Switch to Clone::clone to copy config structures in Obfuscate callbacks. This
restores support for REGEXP and CODE configuration on the System Configuration page.
- Provide a way to pass more options to Net::LDAP from LDAPImport configuration.
- Provide more debug output on connection failures in LDAPImport.
- Store log messages until RT::Logger is initialized. This means messages logged
before the logger is available, like “Change of config option…” can now
respect the configured log level.
- Cache OCFVs to improve performance searching for duplicates when adding
- Remove unused dependencies on File::Copy and Carp.
- On Oracle, return the empty string instead of undef for Subject when it
has no value on a ticket.
- When linking, load assets by id to confirm the asset exists. This makes
asset link handling consistent with ticket handling.
- Various fixes for compatibility with perl 5.26.
- Support unicode characters in constant time comparison function
- Allow merge for tickets only, not other types like reminders (I#32700).
- Preload Encode with UTF-8 to avoid masking other errors (I#32648).
- Process multiple links via the REST 1.0 interface.
- Add SLA field support on REST 1.0.
- Build table attributes for RT::Asset. This is needed to allow assets to work
properly with REST 2.0.
- Avoid uninitialized value warnings with CustomField.
- Call DoAuth only if ExternalAuthPriority is not empty, allowing use of
ExternalAuthInfo without ExternalAuthPriority set.
- Use “id asc” as the default sort order of GroupMembers for consistent ordering.
- Cache OCFVs to improve performance searching for duplicates on add.
- In CollectionAsTable, fix the uninitialized warning in case @Order is empty.
- In rt-validator, update link checking regex to match asset links.
- Remove trailing “/” from RT::URI::asset::LocalURIPrefix for consistency.
- Use RT::Logger for EmailInputEncodings config warnings.
- “Die” properly when receiving an invalid query via to FromSQL.
- Avoid using $id in /Ticket/Display.html so callbacks can modify id in ARGS.
- Pass the MIME entity to ParseTicketId in addition to subject.
- Remove a ‘This is scary’ comment from code that has been running fine for
over 10 years.
- Improve warning tracking for automated tests.
- Add an Initial callback to Bulk.html.
- Don’t fail externalauth/auth_config.t tests if Net::LDAP is missing.
- Find an idle port for LDAP test server to avoid tests hanging when running
in parallel mode.
- When testing, make sure DevelMode is on to catch compilation errors.
- Avoid uninitialized warnings of empty ticket subjects on Oracle.
- In the MessageBox template, default callback, pass $message by reference in
MessageRef, as the variable name implies. This will break previous use of
MessageRef as a scalar.
- Add support for a NeverNotifyActor argument to Notify actions.
- Mention the RT-Attach-Message: yes header in template docs.
- Fix incorrect path in portlet documentation.
- In $ParseNewMessageForTicketCcs docs, mention the RT::Action::AutoAddWatchers
- Document queue-level template overrides.
- Document using prove and RT_TEST_PARALLEL for tests.
- Note in UPGRADING that RT::Extension::AdminConditionsAndActions is now in core.
- Remove unnecessary AUTHORS sections from docs.
- Update rt-static-docs documentation processing to fix broken links.
- Add MariaDB support to documentation and rt-setup-fulltext-index.
- Many changes to refactor sections of RT’s internationalization code.
A complete changelog is available from git by running:
git log rt-4.4.2…rt-4.4.3beta1