RT 4.4.1 and RTx::EmailCompletion with LDAP

Hi, I’ve been paying attention to “autocomplete” options, but none of them reads data from the AD.

Have anyone installed RTx::EmailCompletion on RT 4.4.1??

Ernesto.

Hi, I’ve just installed RT 4.4.1 on a new CentOS 7 server.
I’ve configured RT::Authen::ExternalAuth against my Active Directory and is working fine.

The problem is that I can’t make RTx::EmailCompletion to work. I’ve configured it with almost the same parameters as ExternalAuth and I detected a Javascript error:

“Uncaught TypeError: Event.observe is not a function at emailcompletion.js:60”

The javascript line causing the error is: Event.observe(window, ‘load’, initPage);

The goal is to have an intra-organization ticketing system, all the requestors and staff is loaded in the Active Directory and I want email completion for them.
Eventually we’ll send and receive email updates from extra-organization users but I don’t want this ones to be in the AD and I don’t need email completion for them.

Any ideas?

Best regards,
Ernesto Silva.

RT 4.4 as built in auto-completion of email addresses … from the RT database. So there is conflict with RTx::EmailCompletion. The solution I usually use is to import needed ldap account into RT so the built-in autocompletion is enough. (did this with more than 70k accounts without performances problems, so you shouldn’t worry).

Thought, I agree that it would be convenient to have autocompletion from external sources in RT 4.4.

Thank you for the information, yesterday I’ve configured LdapImport, autocompletion is working fine. I was waiting for today morning to check if the cron job executed fine, and it is.

As you said, it would be a nice thing to have autocompletion from other sources. I’m sorry I can’t help with that.
Ernesto.