These may have nothing to do with anything, but for what it’s worth:
In the WebUI, under “Logged in as…” -> Settings -> About Me
Triggers a warning level message in the log about replacing the deprecated /User/Prefs.html with /Prefs/AboutMe.html
Probably was something I did wrong on the initial install (upgrade from 4.2.11 to 4.4.0rc1), but rt-ldapimport was in the source tree but did not end up in my RT sbin dir.
Maybe this was because my config line has never included " --enable-externalauth" ?
For Apache Kerberos web authentication with Active Directory to work, I had to remove the old ‘patch’ to lib/RT/Authen/ExternalAuth.pm I was using (from http://requesttracker.wikia.com/wiki/Kerberos_SSO_with_Active_Directory_Integration) and instead go back to using Set($WebRemoteUserAuth, 1); in my RT_SiteConfig.pm file.
Seems like (warning: have not done extensive tests!) putting my LDAP auth settings into a .pm file underneath RT_SiteConfig.d did not work, I had to be sure those were in RT_SiteConfig.pm to take effect. Other settings in those arbitrary config .pm files do seem to work fine.
Straight from the upgrade documentation, merely confirming/reiterating here:
Since I did use ExternalAuthId field, I had to remove those entries from my RT_SiteConfig.pm file (or RT::Record complains).
Also, the “make upgrade-database” command bombed (as intended) because I had not FIRST blanked that column in the database, e.g.
mysql> update Users set ExternalAuthId = NULL;