RT 4.0.20 – 2014-05-13
We are pleased to announce that RT 4.0.20 is now available.
This release is primarily a bugfix release; changes of note include:
General user UI
- Resolve a regression in 4.0.19 wherein TITLE information was lost
after parsing on the Advanced page (#29425)
- Ensure that Sidebar / Body panes in dashboard configuration display
in a consistent order.
- Add Date and DateTime fields to bulk update.
- Prevents “Can’t call method “DependsOn” on an undefined value” error
in bulk update if tickets were deleted.
- Show links to tickets which are not readable by the user as numbers,
not as blank titles.
- Allow non-ASCII characters in passwords (#28784)
- Add a “Reset” button to revert homepage portlet formatting to the
- Allow downloading attachments whose filenames contain a leading dot
- Prevent uninitialized value warning on search result pages with no
- Use one fewer database connections per rt-server process; this is
most notable on fastcgi deployments, which spawn a number of
- Catch and warn of template compilation errors, such as unbalanced
- Prevent warnings on perl 5.19
- Update suggested backup strategy on MySQL to no longer require LOCK
TABLES privileges (#22893)
- Prevent a possible infinite loop in rt-validator --resolve if
Principal records were missing; default to forcing their creation.
- Additional optional upgrade script for users who used
RT::Extension::CustomField::Checkbox in RT 3.8
- Default to connecting to sphinx via 127.0.0.1 instead of localhost on
MySQL 5.5, due to http://sphinxsearch.com/bugs/view.php?id=1815
- Remove “uninitialized value warnings” for upgrades from RT 3.8
- Ensure that rt-test-dependencies re-execs itself using its full path,
as module installations may have changed the directory (#29024)
- Properly detect an existing database but missing schema in the web
- Allow arbitrary Content-Disposition in REST uploads (#19770)
- Correct a typo in the documentation for MakeClicky callbacks.
- Allow consumers of EditCustomField to specify undef $Rows or $Cols to
omit the respective attributes during form element rendering.
- Allow members to be added to groups during group creation in
- Allow consumers of /Elements/SimpleSearch to provide the placeholder
- Default Domain to UserDefined for groups created in initialdata.
- Add a comment warning about the use of the SetFieldsOnce callback in
BuildFormatString; it will be removed in RT 4.4.
- Fix behavior of RT::Date->AddDays when passed 0 days
- Allow RT::Users->WhoBelongToGroups to optionally return unprivileged
- Provide hooks to implement a cache on MakeClicky
- Prevent race conditions in 99-policy.t by skipping t/tmp/ and other
- Check POD of all files
- Documentation on writing extensions for RT.
- Updated parts of RT::StyleGuide
- Note that changing queue subject tags may require altering
A complete changelog is available from git by running:
git log rt-4.0.19…rt-4.0.20
rt-announce mailing list