RT 4.0.0, PostgresQL and Fulltext search

Hi,

I’m testing a new RT4 installation with Postgres to try FullText search. I got RT up and running, ran the rt-setup-fulltext-index utility, updated my RT_SiteConfig file but get errors when trying to run the indexer:

root@rt2:/opt/rt4# sbin/rt-setup-fulltext-index --dba postgres --dba-password ‘’
Enter name of a DB table that will be used to store Pg tsvector. Attachments table can be used.
[Attachments]:
Enter name of a column that will be used to store Pg tsvector
[ContentIndex]:

Configure your RT via site config:
Set( %FullTextSearch,
Enable => 1,
Indexed => 1,
Column => ‘ContentIndex’,
Table => ‘Attachments’,
);
Going to do the following change in the DB:
ALTER TABLE Attachments ADD COLUMN ContentIndex tsvectorYou have choice between GiST or GIN index, the first is times slower to search, but it takes less place and faster to update.
[GiST]:
Going to do the following change in the DB:
CREATE INDEX ContentIndex_idx ON Attachments USING gist(ContentIndex)
root@rt2:/opt/rt4#

root@rt2:/opt/rt4# sbin/rt-fulltext-indexer
[Fri May 20 19:40:14 2011] [warning]: Use of uninitialized value $table in concatenation (.) or string at /usr/local/share/perl/5.10.1/DBIx/SearchBuilder.pm line 1223. (/usr/local/share/perl/5.10.1/DBIx/SearchBuilder.pm:1223)
[Fri May 20 19:40:14 2011] [warning]: Use of uninitialized value $args{“TABLE2”} in concatenation (.) or string at /usr/local/share/perl/5.10.1/DBIx/SearchBuilder/Handle.pm line 989. (/usr/local/share/perl/5.10.1/DBIx/SearchBuilder/Handle.pm:989)
[Fri May 20 19:40:14 2011] [warning]: DBD::Pg::st execute failed: ERROR: relation “_3” does not exist
LINE 1: …) AND ( Transactions_1.ObjectId = main.id ) JOIN _3 ON ( _…
^ at /usr/local/share/perl/5.10.1/DBIx/SearchBuilder/Handle.pm line 509. (/usr/local/share/perl/5.10.1/DBIx/SearchBuilder/Handle.pm:509)

Did I miss something? I read through the RT_Config file comments and the --help flag for all related binaries.

Thanks,
Patrick

I’m testing a new RT4 installation with Postgres to try FullText
search.

We’ve fixed these bugs and improved the documentation immeasurably on
4.0-trunk in git, which will be shortly branched for 4.0.1 release
engineering. If you wanted to test that, and let us know any troubles
you run into, that’d be appreciated.

• Alex

Thanks Alex.

I cloned 4.0-trunk and installed it over my 4.0.0 dev instance, giving me 4.0.0-421-g0d9f41e. I ran rt-fulltext-indexer with no errors and searched “fulltext:Veryuniquestringnotinanysubject” and got the ticket out of it. Looking forward to the 4.0.1 release.

Patrick-----Original Message-----
Sent: Friday, May 20, 2011 1:03 PM
To: Patrick Fish
Cc: rt-users@lists.bestpractical.com
Subject: Re: [rt-users] RT 4.0.0, PostgresQL and Fulltext search

On Fri, 2011-05-20 at 19:42 +0000, Patrick Fish wrote:

I’m testing a new RT4 installation with Postgres to try FullText
search.

We’ve fixed these bugs and improved the documentation immeasurably on 4.0-trunk in git, which will be shortly branched for 4.0.1 release engineering. If you wanted to test that, and let us know any troubles you run into, that’d be appreciated.

• Alex