RT 3.8.4 on FreeBSD 7.3: LDAP_SYNC_INFO Missing

Hi,

I’m trying to get RT up and running on a fresh new FreeBSD 7.3 VM. I’ve installed the FreeBSD RT ports, including rt-3.8.4 and p5-RT-Authen-ExternalAuth-0.08_1. I’m configured for LDAP integration and I can get to the home page, but when I go to log in, I get these in my error log:

Apache2::RequestIO::rflush: (53) Software caused connection abort at /usr/local/lib/perl5/site_perl/5.8.9/HTML/Mason/ApacheHandler.pm line 1020 (/usr/local/bin/webmux.pl:165)

“LDAP_SYNC_INFO” is not exported by the Net::LDAP::Constant module at /usr/local/lib/perl5/site_perl/5.8.9/Net/LDAP/Intermediate.pm line 10 (/usr/local/lib/perl5/5.8.9/Carp.pm:46)

After I get that error message, if I do a “ctrl-reload” in Firefox to re-post my login request to the server, it does let me in. So, it seems that the missing LDAP_SYNC_INFO either comes and goes, or is not needed for every request.

In addition to the trace back that comes up in my browser when I get the two errors listed above, I also occasionally get this error in my browser, accompanied by another ““LDAP_SYNC_INFO” is not exported” in the server log:

Can’t locate object method “new” via package “Net::LDAP::Search” at /usr/local/lib/perl5/site_perl/5.8.9/Net/LDAP.pm line 257.

I found one thread on Google that talks about this problem from February, but that thread did not offer a conclusion. I also used Google to search the RT archives for “LDAP_SYNC_INFO” but came up empty-handed.

I did a cvsup of my ports tree and re-installed (via portupgrade) RT and the ExternalAuth module just to be sure I didn’t his a transient bug, but I’m still getting those errors.

Can anyone shed some light on this bug for me?

Tim Gustafson
BSOE Webmaster
UC Santa Cruz
tjg@soe.ucsc.edu
831-459-5354

Tim Gustafson wrote:

Hi,

I’m trying to get RT up and running on a fresh new FreeBSD 7.3 VM. I’ve installed the FreeBSD RT ports, including rt-3.8.4 and p5-RT-Authen-ExternalAuth-0.08_1. I’m configured for LDAP integration and I can get to the home page, but when I go to log in, I get these in my error log:
^^^
Can I borrow your time machine?

Apache2::RequestIO::rflush: (53) Software caused connection abort at /usr/local/lib/perl5/site_perl/5.8.9/HTML/Mason/ApacheHandler.pm line 1020 (/usr/local/bin/webmux.pl:165)

“LDAP_SYNC_INFO” is not exported by the Net::LDAP::Constant module at /usr/local/lib/perl5/site_perl/5.8.9/Net/LDAP/Intermediate.pm line 10 (/usr/local/lib/perl5/5.8.9/Carp.pm:46)

After I get that error message, if I do a “ctrl-reload” in Firefox to re-post my login request to the server, it does let me in. So, it seems that the missing LDAP_SYNC_INFO either comes and goes, or is not needed for every request.

In addition to the trace back that comes up in my browser when I get the two errors listed above, I also occasionally get this error in my browser, accompanied by another ““LDAP_SYNC_INFO” is not exported” in the server log:

Can’t locate object method “new” via package “Net::LDAP::Search” at /usr/local/lib/perl5/site_perl/5.8.9/Net/LDAP.pm line 257.

I found one thread on Google that talks about this problem from February, but that thread did not offer a conclusion. I also used Google to search the RT archives for “LDAP_SYNC_INFO” but came up empty-handed.

I did a cvsup of my ports tree and re-installed (via portupgrade) RT and the ExternalAuth module just to be sure I didn’t his a transient bug, but I’m still getting those errors.

Can anyone shed some light on this bug for me?

It’s a bug in Net::LDAP – has been reported to the Perl package maintainer, and
he came up with a fix which he said would be part of the next release. However,
that release hasn’t happened yet. In the mean time, try replacing

/usr/local/lib/perl5/site_perl/5.10.0/Net/LDAP/Constant.pm

with the attached version. (or 5.8.9 if that’s the version of perl you’re using)

Cheers,

Matthew

Dr Matthew Seaman The Bunker, Ash Radar Station
PGP: 0x60AE908C on servers Marshborough Rd
Tel: +44 1304 814890 Sandwich
Fax: +44 1304 814899 Kent, CT13 0PL, UK

Constant.pm (13.8 KB)

signature.asc (259 Bytes)

Can I borrow your time machine?

NO! It’s MINE!

It’s a bug in Net::LDAP – has been reported to the Perl
package maintainer, and he came up with a fix which he
said would be part of the next release. However, that
release hasn’t happened yet. In the mean time, try
replacing
/usr/local/lib/perl5/site_perl/5.10.0/Net/LDAP/Constant.pm
with the attached version. (or 5.8.9 if that’s the version
of perl you’re using)

Awesome, that seems to have done the trick. Thanks!

Tim Gustafson
BSOE Webmaster
UC Santa Cruz
tjg@soe.ucsc.edu
831-459-5354