RT 3.4 dependencies problem

Hi!

I am just in the process of migrating a request tracker setup from
2.0.15 (an old installation on HP-UX 10.20, but that should not matter :slight_smile:
to a new RT 3.4.x setup (currently on Debian Sarge).
Tool used is rt2-to-rt3-1.23 (latest).

So far I have:

  • Successfully dumped the old database, or so it seems.
  • I could import to the older rt-3.0 shipped with Debian Sarge (3.4.x
    seems not to be supported by the migration script as seen on the
    mailing list).
  • I could also upgrade to 3.4.x using the upgrade scripts.

My problems:

  • The metadata of the old database does contain one “RefersTo” to a ticket
    that has later been merged causing an error message, but that does not
    seem to be of importance
  • The metadata does contain a few dependencies “DependsOn” that do not
    cause any message and that do pop up in the database in the "links"
    table.
    The “original name” however seems to have been modified, where
    Base and Target did contain
    fsck.com-rt://openssl.org/openssl.org/ticket/6
    and similar, now they read
    fsck.com-rt://openssl.org/ticket/6
    The dependencies however do not show up in the web frontend.
    Even more, when creating another similar dependency via web frontend,
    similar new entries in the “links” table are created but also do not
    show up.
    (both $rtname and $Organization are ‘openssl.org’)
  • It seems MergetInto dependencies are all dropped

I did not find any explanation or solution in the FAQ, documentation or
mailing list archive (but maybe I just did not find the respective
keywords for the search :slight_smile:

Best regards,
Lutz
Lutz Jaenicke Lutz.Jaenicke@aet.TU-Cottbus.DE
http://www.aet.TU-Cottbus.DE/personen/jaenicke/
BTU Cottbus, Allgemeine Elektrotechnik
Universitaetsplatz 3-4, D-03044 Cottbus