I’m pleased to announce RT 3.4.2, a new release in the RT 3.4 stable
release series. This version of RT is a bit delayed and as such features
more than the usual complement of improvements. The biggies are:
* standalone_httpd improvements * Significant refactoring of custom fields to make them easier to extend * Mail sending improvements including fixes to a bug that caused yahoo to eat mail from RT and new headers to enable message threading. * Significant bugfixes for searching based on custom field values.
A full changelog follows.
You can download this new release from:
http://download.bestpractical.com/pub/rt/release/rt-3.4.2.tar.gz a50158055fff423a557d43335ae1dc81 rt-3.4.2.tar.gz http://download.bestpractical.com/pub/rt/release/rt-3.4.2.tar.gz.sig 707b779f05621e845b8b74853ff93b51 rt-3.4.2.tar.gz.sig
- Updated Attachment import code to take database-specific lob encoding into account – Tom Yu
Overhauled README to be more correct, friendly and a bit cleaner
Added a bit of documentation to RT_SiteConfig.pm – Thanks to David Glasser
Robert added new functionality to support autodetection of RT and Web users in ./configure
Correct comments in config file. “RTLogoURL” is actually LogoURL. --Allison Randal
Removed second FHS layout
Bumped SearchBuilder dependency to new version
Canonicalized => to , in the configuration file
They mean the same thing, but consistency is good.
Bumped the Postgres dependency to 1.41 to get around the
broken 1.40 release
Added “make depends” as an alias for “make fixdeps” for Autrijus
- Fixed typo in initialdata related to approval rejection
- Upgraded a private _LookupTypes method to a public CustomFieldUpdateTypes method to make it easier to add custom fields to other objects
- Added Wikitext custom field type
Custom Field API extension and cleanup to allow new objects to use custom fields. (No backwards-incompat changes)
- Refactored Custom Field admin UI for extensibility
- Newlines in CustomFields are now displayed in TicketList results
- Better support for loading custom fields by name
- Better transaction UpdateCustomFields API
- Adding support for selecting custom fields for RTFM objects
- Overhaul of custom field editing code to make it easier to add custom fields for new object types
- Fixes so that custom fields will pay attention to defaults, when the defaults are specified.
- Patch from Tom Yu to allow negative CF searching and better multi-CF search.
A bunch of minor search query builder cleanup and loc improvements
Slightly better introductory text on user and queue listings
Checkbox fields need a “value” or they are ignored by some modern browsers
Search “Order By” needed a more greedy matching operation; too many values were selected
resorting the search by clicking on a header no longer resets the format string
Added ALT text for BPS corporate logo – Suggested by Jedi during YAPC.TW 2005
Explicitly give the login box an id/name so passwords are not saved on user edit pages
Removed an extra tag. Thanks to Steve Turner
Refactored the top-level admin menu to make it easier to add and remove options
Hilighted menu options are now the right size
Slight style cleanup to page actions.
The attribute “align” in COLUMN_MAP wasn’t usable, because it could not be
used for a complete column, so I added a /ALIGN:… section in
CollectionAsTable/ParseFormat and use it in Row.
There also was a minor error to be corrected, since the old variant of
ParseFormat did not allow more than one /ANYTHING:… to be use (in my
example /TITLE:…/ALIGN:…) --Dirk Pape
Better error message when the sessions table or sessions dir isn’t writable
CanonicalizeUserInfo didn’t work right from RT’s WebUI.
Fixed by Dave Rolsky.
Minor stylistic cleanups for web components
RT used to report an improper total number of pages if the number of
results found was evenly divisible by the number of rows per page
- Record Message-Id when creating attachment records
- Content-Transfer-Encoding should have been ‘8bit’ not ‘8-bit’
- Enabled proper message threading with RT
- Fix support for uploading attachmends in selfservice. – HC Chien
- Force UTF8 content type on replies from RT’s REST interface (Thanks to Dirk Pape)
- Patch to SelfService UI to not display a preferences page unless the current user (ie all unprivileged users) has the right to do so.
- Hungarian translation had an incorrect Content-Type. Reported upstream from
- New French translation from email@example.com
- Polish Translation from Piotr Sliwa
- New Russian translation from Andrew Kornilov
- Updated Danish translation from Jonas Nielsen
- Removed some spurious use lib lines from the test suite. Thanks to Dave Rolsky.
- Much better test coverage of delegation revocation when users’ group memberships are changed - Mike Whitson (BPS)
- Split apart some of the web tests for better isolation
- Updated RT::User regression tests to not expect a pristine database
- Fixing tests to not depend on a deprecated API
- Added a new HasPassword method to the RT user object
- Users and groups can have transactions; ShowTicket isn’t needed to see these
- Now when running scrips on a disabled queue, run global scrips as well as per-queue scrips.
- Sanity fixes for _AddLink’s API from Todd Chapman
- When we can’t load a user by email address, make sure we can’t load that user by name before returning an error
- Users who had “DeleteTicket” but not “ModifyTicket” could not delete tickets.
- Added a flag to allow tools to use the RT API to search for deleted tickets. (Ruslan)
- Fixed incorrect loop exit test in RT::ACE::_Delete such that multiply delegated ACEs are all cleaned up when the parent ACE is revoked.
- Correct inaccurate POD for RT::Group::MembersObj and DeepMembersObj.
- ‘LimitLinkedFrom’ in RT::Tickets didn’t work due to a typo. Fixed.
- RT::Transaction->Delete implemented. (for RTFM)
- Ticket Searches on AdminCc would fail on non-mysql databases due to a case error
- Quieted a deprecation warning – Dmitry Sivachenko firstname.lastname@example.org
- User_Overlay: added OwnGroups method to get a collection of groups of which
the user is a member.
- Add a simple sub to return the object class with the RT::Lib:: prefix
stripped off. Useful for displaying, e.g., “Ticket #35” or “Article #3”.
- added URI scheme which allows “t:123” URIs, for ticket specification.
- More graceful handling for historical $rtname tags – From seph
- Updated RT::Transaction to return better Foo changed from “bar” to “baz” messages
- Updated RT::Ticket->_Set to return more appropriate status messages
- Updated RT::User->_Set to return more apropriate results messages (no more listing the actor)
- Bugfixes to CachedGroupMember->SetDisabled unmasked by the RT::Record fixes
- Explicit transaction description for changed passwords
- Improved generic messages returned by RT::Record->_Set()
- Corrected RT::Record->_Set to return a Class::ReturnValue, rather than butchering it into an array. (This means that RT::Ticket->SetPriority can now be evaluated in boolean or list context, like it was supposed to be)
- Fixed Module::Refresh handling for standalone_httpd
- standalone_httpd no longer chokes on utf8 data.
- Refactored standalone_httpd to use HTTP::Server::Simple::Mason
- Moved some configuration from webmux.pl to RT::Interface::Web::Handler
- Properly set binmode for the standalone_httpd server. This makes
UTF8 text that could be misinterpreted as Latin1 behave correctly.
RT-Announce mailing list