RT 3.4.0 rc's not completing search queries on custom fields?

Have been running the RT 3.4.0 release candidates this week, and I’ve
noticed that while the query builder allows me to construct
valid-looking queries that include custom fields, I don’t get any
results back from those queries (and I’ve verified that tickets do exist
that should match). Seems to be the case with both global fields and
queue-specific ones. (The custom fields seem to be otherwise working as
expected – they appear correctly in tickets, can be updated through the
web interface, and I can access their values via LoadByNameAndQueue
calls.)

I’ve also got some perl code I’ve written that uses LimitCustomField
calls which worked fine under 3.2.3 and is now exhibiting the same
behavior (doesn’t throw any errors, but doesn’t return any results
either).

I’m assuming this is something specific to my system, since I can’t
imagine we’d have made it to release candidates without something that
major still outstanding. (Although if someone else is able to duplicate
it, I’ll be all ears…) I’m just not sure where to start with
troubleshooting.

FreeBSD 4.10
Perl 5.8.4
Apache 1.3.29 with mod_perl 1.29
MySQL 4.0.18
RT 3.4.0 rc1 and rc2
DBIx::SearchBuilder 1.16 and 1.18

Thanks for any help…

Mark Roedel
Web Programmer / Analyst
LeTourneau University

At Friday 1/7/2005 10:28 AM, Roedel, Mark wrote:

I’m assuming this is something specific to my system, since I can’t
imagine we’d have made it to release candidates without something that
major still outstanding. (Although if someone else is able to duplicate
it, I’ll be all ears…)

It looks like this can be reproduced on rt3.fsck.com - a search in the
rt2.0 queue for subsystem = ‘HTML::Mason frontend’ yields no results,
whereas there is at least one ticket in the queue (#2) that matches.

One more datapoint - I’m running 3.3.12 and the feature works in that
version, at least on queue/ticket CFs.

I’m just not sure where to start with
troubleshooting.

If you have a perl script (and some spare time!), how about stepping
through with the debugger?

Steve

I’m assuming this is something specific to my system, since I can’t
imagine we’d have made it to release candidates without something that
major still outstanding. (Although if someone else is able to duplicate
it, I’ll be all ears…)

It looks like this can be reproduced on rt3.fsck.com - a search in the
rt2.0 queue for subsystem = ‘HTML::Mason frontend’ yields no results,
whereas there is at least one ticket in the queue (#2) that matches.

One more datapoint - I’m running 3.3.12 and the feature works in that
version, at least on queue/ticket CFs.

I’m just not sure where to start with
troubleshooting.

If you have a perl script (and some spare time!), how about stepping
through with the debugger?

Steve

[Fri Jan 07 11:15:26 2005] [error] [client 130.132.101.242] FastCGI:
server “/opt/rt3.4/bin/mason_handler.fcgi” stderr: DBD::mysql::st
execute failed: Table ‘rt34.TicketCustomFieldValues’ doesn’t exist at
/usr/local/perl-5.8.5/lib/site_perl/5.8.5/DBIx/SearchBuilder/Handle.pm
line 475., referer:
http://fasit-rhel1.its.yale.edu/rt3.4/Search/Edit.html?Order=ASC&Query=%20’CF.{Type}’%20%3D%20’problem’%20&Rows=50&OrderBy=id&Format=’%20%20%20<b><a%20href%3D"%2Frt3.4%2FTicket%2FDisplay.html%3Fid%3D__id__">__id__<%2Fa><%2Fb>%2FTITLE%3A%23’%2C ‘<b><a%20href%3D"%2Frt3.4%2FTicket%2FDisplay.html%3Fid%3D__id__">__Subject__<%2Fa><%2Fb>%2FTITLE%3ASubject’%2C Status’%2C%0A’QueueName’%2C%0A’OwnerName’%2C%0A’Priority’%2C%0A’NEWLINE’%2C%0A’’%2C%0A’%3Csmall%3E__Requestors__%3C%2Fsmall%3E’%2C%0A’%3Csmall%3E__CreatedRelative__%3C%2Fsmall%3E’%2C%0A’%3Csmall%3E__ToldRelative__%3C%2Fsmall%3E’%2C%0A’%3Csmall%3E__LastUpdatedRelative__%3C%2Fsmall%3E’%2C%0A’%3Csmall%3E__TimeLeft__%3C%2Fsmall%3E’

I found that the TicketCustomFieldValues is not defined in schema.mysql,
only in schema.Informix and schema.Sybase. Also, mysql, Oracle, Pg,
and SQLite have and ObjectCustomFieldValues tables, where Informix and
Sybase do not. I’m not smart enought to figure out which is right
though, or how to translate from Informix or Sybase syntax to mysql to
create the table.

David

At Friday 1/7/2005 10:28 AM, Roedel, Mark wrote:

I’m assuming this is something specific to my system, since I can’t
imagine we’d have made it to release candidates without something that
major still outstanding. (Although if someone else is able to duplicate
it, I’ll be all ears…)

It looks like this can be reproduced on rt3.fsck.com - a search in the
rt2.0 queue for subsystem = ‘HTML::Mason frontend’ yields no results,
whereas there is at least one ticket in the queue (#2) that matches.

One more datapoint - I’m running 3.3.12 and the feature works in that
version, at least on queue/ticket CFs.

Indeed. It looks to be a regression due to a merge-up from 3.2 that
didn’t get handled correctly. 3.4.0RC3 should be out within an hour or
two.

One more datapoint - I’m running 3.3.12 and the feature works in that
version, at least on queue/ticket CFs.

Indeed. It looks to be a regression due to a merge-up from 3.2 that
didn’t get handled correctly. 3.4.0RC3 should be out within an hour or
two.

Revised ETA: day or two. Dealing with customer work today. Then I need a
nap.

-jesse